Job Title Executive Assistant to the President
Requisition Number 1453
Position Number A00003
Basic Function Confidential assistant to the President of the College, including calendar management, phone calls, correspondence, travel arrangements, support for meetings and interactions with divisional staff, donors, alumni and other constituents of the College, coordination of certain presidential events, and assistance with personal matters as needed.
Essential Functions 1. Coordinate the President's schedule: schedule meetings and appointments and prepare daily and weekly calendars for the President. Collect and provide briefing materials and other necessary information for meetings as required.
2. Front line operation of the President's Office including telephones, interaction with visitors, Faculty, students and staff on campus. Foster a sense of teamwork, recognizing when other departments need to be consulted and included, keeping the college's mission at the forefront.
3. Correspondence including both letters and email. Draft letters and make changes as requested, prepare for signature and mail.
4. Planning and coordination of events hosted by the President, such as dinners at the President's House. Work with other members of the team to coordinate the President's involvement in other major College events.
5. Plan, schedule, and coordinate regular administrative meetings, such as President's senior staff meetings, both as a group and with individual staff members, Faculty Meetings, Faculty Executive Committee meetings, etc.
6. Manage travel arrangements for the President and for other team members within the President's office.
7. Assist with the President's personal matters as requested.
Additional Duties This position is part of a team which supports the President of the College in fulfillment of her duties. Close coordination, communication and teamwork with the other members of this group are a critical dimension of the job. Key working relationships include the Special Assistant to the President, the Administrative Coordinator, and the General Counsel.
Working Conditions General office environment
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree
Prior experience as Executive Assistant to Senior Executive in an Academic, Corporate, or large non-profit organization
Proficiency in current technology applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Qualifications Familiarity with social media applications
Special Instructions to Applicants Finalist candidates will be required to complete skills testing on relevant MS Office software. Applicants should attach a writing sample of approximately one page in length of a letter, email, report or other document they have written.
Department President's Office
Pay Basis Salaried
Search Open Date 01-15-2014
Search Close Date Open Until Filled
Job Category Staff
Job Type Full-Time
Type of Posting External/Internal
Reports To: President of the College