Posted: August 17, 2016
Location: Oregon, United States
Field: Academic centers, Education, Health, Research
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Category: Capital campaigns, Major gifts
Employment Level: Full-time
IMPOSSIBLE? Not in our vocabulary. Oregon Health & Science University has a long history of tackling the toughest questions and the biggest challenges – and delivering. Putting the power of philanthropy behind bold ideas, the OHSU Foundation transforms human health by matching passionate individuals with an inspiring vision. To eliminate preventable blindness. Cure HIV. End cancer as we know it.
OHSU Foundation has a wonderful opportunity for a Director of Development. The primary purpose of this position is to raise significant levels of philanthropic support for Oregon Health & Science University through the OHSU Foundation in support of assigned programs and projects. The director of development represents the university to donors, potential donors and alumni. In addition, the director of development works closely with administrative and academic leaders at OHSU and OHSU Foundation to develop and implement approved philanthropic funding goals and objectives involving clinical services, hospital operations, research, teaching and community education.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to understand and effectively manage complex issues related to medical education and research in a multi-tiered, academic medical institution.
- Comprehensive understanding of financial reports used by the foundation and university.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with many different constituencies, especially physicians, academic community, trustees, business leaders and volunteers.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize time effectively, establish priorities and manage a large number of tasks simultaneously.
- Possess sound judgment, strong work ethic, and a deep to commitment to excellence, and high professional standards and integrity.
- Commitment to collaborative engagement with OHSUF staff and OHSU faculty.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred, and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years or more previous fundraising experience, especially in major and planned gifts.
- Proven knowledge of all aspects of development including major gifts, planned gifts, campaigns, annual giving, direct marketing, and volunteer management.
- Must be proficient in many computer programs, including office suite applications, and development-specific applications.
- Experience in health care/education is preferred.
- Proven success in a complex fundraising institution of higher ed. and healthcare preferred.
- Experience in a clinical or engineering fundraising shop highly desirable.
For more information about this and other opportunities at the OHSU Foundation, please visit the Careers section of our website at: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/about/foundation/careers/index.cfm
Please attach a cover letter and resume to your online application.