POSITION: Business Analyst II – Information Services/Business Services Division
STARTING SALARY: $39,960- $56,947/Annually- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
(ClassAM03/Slot0003/Band06). Position #113910
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: A bachelor's degree in computer science or management information
science and one (1) year experience in computer programming or computer system development and modification; or an
associate degree in computer science or computer technology and three (3) years experience in computer programming
or computer system development and modification; or a high school diploma and five (5) years experience in computer
programming or computer system development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, and critical
thinking skills. Knowledge of computer system analysis, design, testing, debugging, and maintenance practices. Ability to
create clear and concise documentation. Work effectively with users, vendors, and staff in a professional manner.
Working knowledge or experience in ERP systems (Ellucian Colleague preferred), Microsoft SQL database, and business
reporting software systems, MS Reporting Services and MS CRM. Ability to work a flexible schedule and to provide offhour
support when required. Ability to travel the tri-county service area.
1. Ability to interpret requests from departments to develop and maintain SQL queries and stored procedures.
2. Consults with end users and management to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current
operational procedures, problems and input and output requirements.
3. Ability to work with vendors to analyzes the feasibility of, and develop requirements for, implementation of new
systems and enhancements to existing systems. This could be on premise or in the cloud. Ensures the system
design fits the needs of the users.
4. Prepares documentation, user guides, and procedures to support administrative systems and participates in the
analysis of new business practices to provide maximum effectiveness of automated methods.
5. Consults with management and data owners to maintain and define business security roles and system access.
6. Provides training and consulting support for the College systems.
To apply, please complete an on-line employment application at www.yorktech.edu/hr or come to the Human
Resources Department, 452 South Anderson Road, Rock Hill, SC, 29730, to complete an on-line employment
application. Applications accepted until February 26, 2017.
YORK TECHNICAL COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER PURSUANT TO SECTION 41-1-110 OF THE CODE OF LAWS OF SC, AS
AMENDED, THE LANGUAGE USED IN THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN THE
EMPLOYEE AND THE EMPLOYER.