Assistant to the President
Added on 12/20/2013 and is open until filled
The Assistant to the President is directly responsible to the President. This is a management-confidential position.
1. Responsible for the daily operation of the Office (i.e. scheduling, records administration, communications, management of the Office budget, preparation of letters and documents).
2. Record and transcribe meeting minutes.
3. Prepare reports and conduct surveys and studies.
4. Plan events and meetings.
5. Research concerns and issues.
6. Interact with College administrators, members of boards, government officials, faculty members and other individuals and groups as a representative of the Office and in an official capacity when so designated.
7. Analyze and interpret reports and data.
8. Other duties as assigned.
College degree (associate or bachelor) and/or five years of experience in a similar administrative support position preferred. High school diploma or equivalent and three years of related experience required. Excellent organizational and communication skills. Office skills commensurate with position responsibilities. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information. Some evening and weekend work required. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of the position and by providing appropriate references.
How to apply:
Review of applications will begin on January 2 and continue until the position is filled. For guaranteed consideration, candidates should submit materials by January 2, 2014. Send letter of application, resume, copies of unofficial transcripts, contact information for three professional references with a Clinton Community College Professional Application (available at http://www.clinton.edu/jobs) to:
Human Resources Office
Clinton Community College
136 Clinton Point Drive
Plattsburgh, NY 12901