Assistant Vice Provost for Branch Campuses
|Assistant Vice Provost for Branch Campuses|
|Main Campus - Hilltop|
|Minimum Hire-In Rate (for OPE positions only)|
|Up to 50%|
The University of San Francisco’s Office of the Provost seeks an energetic, entrepreneurial person with outstanding academic qualifications and experience to direct our branch campuses. Critical to this position is successfully and productively collaborating with the faculty and administrators in USF’s schools, college and departments to develop high quality, sustainable, and targeted programs for branch campus students. The Assistant Vice Provost will service as the representative for Academic Affairs overseeing the data-to-day operations and utilization at the Universities branch campuses.
The Assistant Vice Provost reports to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs and works closely with other members of the University leadership. The Assistant Vice Provost is a member of the Provost’s Council.
• Work with the Deans of the Schools and College to develop, market, and implement new undergraduate and graduate programs, and strengthen existing programs, to most effectively utilize the University’s branch campuses.
• Work with the schools and college, and other units in Academic Affairs, to conduct research on new program opportunities.
• Work with the Vice Provosts and Deans to ensure high quality delivery of services and staffing at the University’s branch campuses, including evaluation of existing services and investigating potential for new services.
• Work with the Deans, program directors, and the Vice Provost for Strategic
• Enrollment Management to oversee development of enrollment and revenue goals for programs located at the branch campuses, and to monitor and ensure progress toward those goals.
• Build relationships with key community, corporate, government, and educational constituencies in each branch campus area.
• Work with the Vice Provost for Budget, Planning, and Analytics and the Deans to monitor the budgetary performance of programs delivered at the branch campuses and review the budgetary implications of all new initiatives.
• Work with the Vice President for Business and Finance and the Associate Vice
• President for Facilities Management on all facilities‐related issues at the branch campuses.
• Work with the Vice President for Information Technology Services on all technology‐related matters at the Branch Campuses.
• Supervise the work of Branch Campus Directors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree is required and graduate degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience in an academic setting preferably in the areas of branch and distributed campus operations.
• Senior‐level experience in managing a branch campus operation.
• Willingness to innovate and identify institutional best practices that can be implemented at the University.
• Strong analytic and problem‐solving skills as well as excellent communication skills, flexibility, and a commitment to transparency and collaborative work.
• An understanding of and commitment to support the Vision, Mission, and Values of the University.
|Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Job Open Date|
|Job Close Date|
|Posted until Filled|
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco’s first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit www.usfca.edu.
The University is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. The University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
|Fair Chance Ordinance|
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For more information visit: http://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.
| *Remember to mention academicjobs.net when applying for this job*|