Admissions/Records Clerk I (Temporary)
|Job Posting Title|
|Admissions/Records Clerk I (Temporary)|
|Los Rios Community College District (District Office)|
The Los Rios Community College District is a two-year public college district serving the greater Sacramento region. Our district includes American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake and Sacramento City colleges; major centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas and Rancho Cordova; and special services for business and industry.
Our colleges offer transfer education – students complete freshman and sophomore years and transfer to a four-year college or university – and AA/AS degrees and certificates in over 70 career fields. The District’s 2400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties. Approximately 75,000 plus students are enrolled in our four colleges and outreach centers.
The District office houses a number of district-wide services. These include the Chancellor’s office, Board Room, Legal Services, Business Services, Human Resources, Institutional Research, District Police Department, Resource Development and Information Technology. Other district-wide services which can be found at various locations around the community are the, Facilities Management Department and the Workforce and Economic Development Center. Each department strives for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities for our communities and staff.
The entry level of the class of this series. Under general supervision, performs various public contact and record processing tasks of average difficulty as a majority of assigned duties. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employee’s Association (White Collar) posting click on the “Job Description” link on the left side of your screen, then click on “Los Rios Classified Employee’s Association (White Collar) Job Descriptions”.]
• Performs a variety of clerical and technical duties involving student registration, admissions, and records maintenance.
• Distributes, explains, receives, and checks for completion and accuracy of graduation and other petitions.
• Performs a variety of public contact tasks; communicates with students, staff, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information; and aids students in registration and admission procedures by giving information about admission and courses offered.
• Prepares and maintains student folders.
• Reviews files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests; and compiles and types statistical and other reports on various registration, admission, and record related topics.
• Receives and accounts for various fees.
• Prepares records and reports; processes records, posts and processes grades; processes and sends transcripts to students and colleges; and types and files various notices and forms.
• Composes and types letters and routine correspondence.
• Answers telephone, responds to requests and delivers messages; operates office machines, such as copier, fax machine, shredder and computer; receives and distributes mail; and orders materials, supplies, and services.
• Oversees the work of temporary and student workers.
• Performs related duties as required.
ARC – To be determined.
CRC – To be determined.
FLC – See Information Below.
SCC – To be determined.
Folsom Lake College
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., (Up to 3 days/week at Folsom Lake College, El Dorado Center, or Rancho Cordova Center depending on need). Selected candidate may be assigned to work some evenings from 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Scheduled hours per week may vary from 24 to 40 hours depending on the needs of the department.
NOTE: Temporary classified positions are limited to 110 work days per fiscal year, per board regulation.
|Total Hrs per Week/Day|
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: One year of general clerical experience. (One year of college level business or clerical course work may be substituted for one year of general work experience).
Promotional: Six months of experience in Los Rios CCD performing clerical duties at the level of Clerk I. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement.
Education Requirement: 12 units are equal to six months of education; 24 units are equal to one year of education.)
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required ).
3. Resume (recommended).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
NOTE: Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
Also, Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Click Foreign Transcript Evaluations on the Human Resources Services page for details.
- Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
- It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
|$11.63 per hour LRCCD Salary Schedules|
|Additional Salary Information|
|No additional salary information to note|
Posting Detail Information
|Beginning and/or Ending Dates|
|How and where to apply|
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. Submission of applications are by midnight of the posting closing date.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process.
| *Remember to mention academicjobs.net when applying for this job*|