Administrative Support, Adult Basic Education - Part time Temporary Substitute Pool
|Administrative Support, Adult Basic Education - Part time Temporary Substitute Pool|
|Temporary - Part time <20 hr/wk|
|College-wide Temporary -Staff|
|Open Until Filled|
Applications are currently being accepted for a pool to be available for future needs. These positions would be for temporary substitute clerical support positions. Hours are based solely on need by the various campuses. If you are selected, you will have the opportunity to work on an as needed basis at any of Adult Education locations.
About Adult Education
For over 40 years, Pima Community College Adult Education (PCCAE) has served adult learners in Pima County with Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education, and English Language Acquisition for Adults classes and services. PCCAE has been recognized twice by the U.S. Secretary of Education as one of twelve Outstanding Adult Education Programs in the nation and has won numerous awards over the years for specific programs as well. Last year, PCCAE served over 6,000 adults in Pima County at college campuses, in community locations, and primarily at three large learning centers, two of which are provided collaboratively by Pima County and the City of Tucson. Class offerings are continually adjusted to meet community needs. Over half the funds come from federal Workforce Investment Act dollars combined with state and local dollars and managed through the Arizona Department of Education, Adult Education Division. Other funds come from additional grants, governmental entities, and contracts.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
- Perform various clerical duties, utilize standard office equipment, to include: photocopy documents; provide customer service; typing and word processing; research and respond to inquiries from College employees, students, and general public; and, provide information regarding College processes and procedures
- Prepare and maintain confidential records
- Answer the telephone and direct calls; take and transmit messages
- Assemble and compile data for incorporation into reports. Create spreadsheets, maintain databases and reconcile invoices
- Compose and prepare standard correspondence; update web and working calendars
- May schedule, train, assign and monitor work of temporary staff and student aides
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of various bulk mailings, such as fliers, lists, telecourse packets, and schedules of activities
- Maintain and coordinate room schedules to ensure arrangements are made for meetings, activities and College events
- Prepare work orders, supply requisitions, requests for services, and related forms and paperwork using established procedures
- Order and distribute supplies and maintaining inventory
- Participate in special projects with staff as directed
- Attend meetings, take, transcribe, and distribute minutes
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Degree
- One years of office experience, including experience using computers and other business equipment
- Candidates who possess similar minimum objective qualifications should describe in detail the work experience and education that you regard as establishing the equivalency.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- General record keeping principles
- Using computers and software application programs
- Preparing a variety of reports
- Organizing work and balancing multiple priorities
- Basic database management principles and maintaining various databases
- Customer service principles
- Inventory maintenance principles
- Basic math
- Spelling and grammar principles
- Mailing and distribution methods
- Maintaining various confidential records
- Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Benefits required by law will be provided. No other College-provided benefits will be offered, such as holiday pay, sick leave, annual leave, educational benefits, etc.
Temporary employees who work twenty (20) or more hours per week for more than nineteen (19) weeks in a fiscal year are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
|Directions for Applying and Other Important Information|
In order to apply for a position, applicants must submit an application and include the required documents listed for the position. See below for information about documents:
- Resume should be up-to-date and account for and describe all gaps in employment
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please call Human Resources at (520) 206-4624 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Human Resources hours are normally Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
To request a reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, please contact http://www.pima.edu/pima-jobs/contact-us.html
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
| *Remember to mention academicjobs.net when applying for this job*|