Position TitleAdmin Assist I, Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Open Internally or ExternallyExternal
If faculty, tenure track statusNot Applicable
Reports to (title)Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
DepartmentVice President, Student Affairs
Job Open Date10/30/2019
Open Until FilledYes
Priority Review Date11/18/2019
Salt Lake Community College aims to provide students with access to higher education to a diverse population and strives for student success and completion. The Administrative Assistant for the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management provides office support, clerical duties, and answers general inquiries about the College to students, employees, and others.
Under minimal supervision, the administrative assistant performs complex assignments and fulfills broad responsibilities in support of the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs. Primary responsibilities of this position includes: filing, answering phones, relaying messages, drafting official communications for Vice President including, but not limited to, the Divisional newsletter and management of social media, preparing and managing the servicing budget and processing paperwork for Vice President’s signature. As part of a senior administrative office, the administrative assistant will handle work of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
Perform general office duties such as greeting guests and students, filing, photocopying, printing, scanning, mailing, answering phone calls, taking messages, entering data, gathering information, making referrals, distributing mail, producing and editing quality finished memorandums, presentations, correspondence, minutes, and reports, entering data, gathering information, making appropriate referrals to departmental policies and procedures. Serve as back up to the Administrative Assistant in the Vice President’s Office.
Social communications: Write, organize, and publish the Division of Student Affairs Monthly Newsletter including gathering submission and information, writing and editing of content, and publishing of newsletter as scheduled. Work with social media applications to share VP and Student Affairs events, news. etc, Write public statements for events the VP attends and speaks at.
Student Fee Board and Servicing Budget: Organize and coordinate the annual Student Fee Board process including scheduling the meetings and departmental presentations, making packets for Fee Board members, compiling the PowerPoint presentations and other presentation materials, draft the Student Fee Board recommendations, and compile and send Student Fee notification letters to the departments. Processes fiscal and budgetary documents related to the Student Services Servicing budget. Assists with budget reconciliation processes as required.
Clerical tasks: Work with marketing to maintain and update the Student Affairs webpage, arrange all office’s in and out of state travel accommodations and paperwork, mileage reimbursement, maintain inventory of all equipment used in office, replace office equipment as necessary such as office supplies, emergency kits, computers, laptops, etc., contract routing process.
Assists with event planning including divisional events, quarterly Underrepresented Community Partners breakfasts, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
a) Fluency in a second language, Spanish preferred.
b) Work experience in a higher education setting
c) Experience with Banner and SLCC enrollment procedures
Two year of higher education (minimum of 60 credits)
Two years of paid full time direct experience in a office setting or customer service environment
Trade off 1:1 in experience/education requirement.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Perform clerical functions such as filing, photocopies, printing, scanning, mailing, answer phone calls, taking messages, gathering information, making referrals, order office supplies, collect and enter assessment data, and distributing mail
• Knowledge of Banner, CANVAS, and other technological platforms
• Demonstrates advanced computer skills and software knowledge, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, SharePoint, Windows 10, internet browsing, and SLCC website searches
• Understanding of College resources and enrollment procedures, including applying for financial aid and course registration procedures
• Completes work within established timelines and deadlines
• Sound judgment and decision-making skills
• Excellent customer services skills
• Type 50 wpm
• Possesses good time management, organization, and critical thinking to research and analyze information
• Present information to large and small groups verbally and in written communication
• Utilizes effective interpersonal problem solving and public relationship skills with a variety of people
• Work well under pressure and exert flexibility
• Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College
• Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic background of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities.
• Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.
• More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: http://i.slcc.edu/hr/docs/benefits-summary-current.pdf
Please provide resume and cover letter
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”).
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.