132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Interim Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Coordinator
- Be in agreement with the university's Confession of Faith, found here, have a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, be active in the life of the church, and live a life consistent with a commitment to the Lordship of Christ.
- Embrace the mission, vision, and values of Fresno Pacific University.
- Be Christ-centered in all areas while working with staff, faculty, students, and or any person or organization in the course of representing the University.
- All FPU employees are called to exercise the gifts and calling of God through their daily life and role here at FPU. As ministers to students and other employees in daily life, FPU employees seek to embody the ideals laid out in the FPU Idea.
- A steadfast commitment to the "The Fresno Pacific University Idea" and agreement to support its ideals and practices while employed by the University.
Complete tasks timely with work that is comprehensive, complete, and accurate
- Communicates clearly, listens attentively, and seeks to understand others
- Collaborates productively with colleagues of varying skillset
- Responsible to plan and administer multicultural student programs
- Work with students of underrepresented communities and oversee several student groups including a first-gen multi-ethnic scholarship program, cultural engagement student leaders, affinity groups, etc.
- Facilitate personal contact, wellness support, and spiritual care with students
- Assist in leadership development for Campus Life student leaders
- Assist with regular and seasonal diversity activities of Campus Life and the University, such as College Hour, Leadership Retreat, Thanksgiving Meal, MLK celebrations, Baccalaureate and Commencement, etc.
- Plan and facilitate student participation in SCORR conference
- Serve on Campus Life staff meetings, give input and voice support for diverse students, and create dialogue and trainings to assist the student development’s team cross cultural support
- Serve the student development team with all-hands-on-deck events (move-in day, orientation, trainings, large campus activities, etc., as well as complete other administrative duties as assigned
- Other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in serving underrepresented students
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with faculty/staff/administration on diversity programs
- Ability to engage and intentionally invest in the lives of young students within the context of a faith-based institution
- Willingness and ability to warmly articulate and support he Mennonite Brethren statement of faith within the context of all diversity work
- Ability to both organize and retrieve data, policies, and materials
- Ability to interpret and apply policies in various situations
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Successful experience in settings with ethnically and culturally diverse student and staff populations
- Collaborate project, and program developer within departments and with other student services office, administration and faculty
- Demonstrated experience in development of students for professional growth
- Master’s degree
- Actively involved in a multicultural and ministry settings within a university environment
- Experience with leading University student programs
- Indoors in a normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least eighty percent (80%) of the time.
- Frequent computer use at a workstation, up to eight hours per day.
- Frequently work at a fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
- Drive personal or University vehicles to appointments.
- Public contact position requiring professional apparel, personal hygiene, and grooming.
- This position typically functions indoors in an office environment with light to moderate noise associated with business office equipment. The position may involve travel for meetings and events.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: remain in a stationary position 80 % of the time, be able to move about inside the office to access file cabinets/office machinery etc., operate a computer and keyboard and other office productivity machinery such as calculators/copy machines/printers. The employee is occasionally required to position self to reach items on the floor and in high cabinetry.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Employee must be able to communicate with others to exchange information including both over the telephone and in-person communication with callers and community members and be able to read a computer screen and paper documents.
- Reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities will be provided in accordance with law.
Reserving its rights as a religious institution, Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, age or disability, or other classes protected by applicable law. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you should contact FPU’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com. As a religious institution, the University will administer the equal opportunity employment policy consistent with the Fresno Pacific University statement of faith, the FPU Idea and the University’s governance by the Pacific District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*