This job has Expired
Administrative Assistant - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Position Number 8444 Posting Number S2784 State Role Title General Administration Supervisor I/Coordinator I Position Type Classified Position Status Full Time FLSA Status Exempt: Not Eligible for Overtime College/Division Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Department 100764 - VP, Div Eq & Incl Pay Band 4 Pay Rate Pay Range Specify Range or Amount $52,000 - $56,000 Is this a JMU Only position? No Is this a grant-funded position? No Is this a Conflict of Interest designated position? No
- Exercise independent judgment in the management of the Vice President’s calendar.
- Ensure deadlines and priorities are met.
- Compose, edit, and refine documents.
- Keep the Vice President informed and updated regarding concerns, issues, or problems within the division.
- Provide fiscal management by processing complex forms for budget records.
- Monitor and reconcile monthly statements with departmental records.
- Develop and maintain an accurate and detailed database for tracking expenditures.
- Assist in the development of future budgets by providing future expense analysis.
- Prepare fiscal reports for budgets and other accounts.
- Responsible for departmental purchasing and processing of all account payable requests. Process travel authorization and requests for reimbursement for the Vice President and other staff.
- Serve as a project manager on special projects, as assigned by the Vice President.
- Liaise with various departments and divisions to document a broad view of JMU DEI efforts.
- Support initiatives to enhance a welcoming campus culture and cultivate mattering and belonging, especially for historically marginalized groups and identities.
- Liaise with representatives of established constituencies (committees, councils, Board Of Visitors, and student organizations) regarding the division’s priorities.
Provide Management And Support For Assigned Divisional Projects and Tasks
- Exercise independent judgment and assumes responsibility for the management and tracking of divisional tasks and projects as assigned by the Vice President (e.g. compilation of information, drafting reports/correspondence, etc.).
- demonstrated excellent administrative practices and procedures, including calendar scheduling and accurately recording meeting notes and minutes
- strong interpersonal skills and customer service experience
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced, executive environment while portraying a professional image, diplomacy, and maintaining confidentiality in a highly visible office
- budgeting competency and ability to make travel arrangements and process reimbursements accurately
- strong organizational skills to manage a highly visible office, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- sound independent judgment and discretion to bring to the Vice President’s attention matters of significance and to make decisions and recommendations
- exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to understand, interpret and explain state and university policies and procedures
- demonstrated data entry skills and high-level computer knowledge in a Windows-based environment and proficiency using Microsoft Office
- ability to problem solve with demonstrated experience in ascertaining priorities, organizing resources, and accomplishing objectives of the Office of the Vice President and the University
- commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) or willingness to participate in DEI-related trainings to develop relevant competencies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a higher education setting
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. James Madison University uses the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, the university police law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, disciplinary procedures, protocols for the immediate notification of students and staff upon confirmation of a significant emergency on campus and other matters of importance related to security and safety. The report includes statistics for the most recent three-year period of reported crimes that have occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by JMU or its affiliates; and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report includes campus housing fire statistics for the most recent three-year period, a description of each on-campus student housing facility fire safety system, the number of fire drills held during the previous calendar year, policies or rules on portable electrical appliances, smoking, and open flames in student housing; and procedures for student housing evacuation in the event of fire along with other fire safety information.
The JMU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report includes the Harrisonburg campus and the three overseas branch campuses; Florence, Antwerp, and London. It is available electronically
You can obtain a copy of any of this report by contacting the Office of Public Safety, MSC 6810, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA 22807 or request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (540)568-6769/6913.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*