132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Instructor of Nursing
Instructor of Nursing
Classification Title: Twelve Month Faculty
Campus Location ASU Searcy
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Instructor of Nursing position is a full-time twelve (12) month nursing education faculty member for the day Nursing program on the ASU-Searcy and/or Heber Springs campus. The selected faculty member will be able to teach all phases of the day Nursing Program; supervise clinical practice; supervise extra help clinical instructors, as needed; teach other health-related classes, such as CPR, CNA, other short nursing related classes as directed, and assist with the evening and weekend classes and activities as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and read over assigned lesson plans to present to students.
- Present lesson plans to students.
- Administer and grade tests and assignments of students.
- Advise students.
- Order needed supplies to teach required material.
- Work with supervisor regarding materials being presented and problems encountered.
- Clinical supervision of client care by students.
- Make clinical assignments for students based upon students’ knowledge base and abilities.
- Calculate student grades.
- Collaboration with faculty on curriculum updates.
- Attend PN faculty meetings and division meetings.
- Travel to Heber Springs, Beebe, or Searcy for teaching or meetings.
- Assist students with all invasive procedures performed on clients at clinical sites.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
The successful candidate must possess an unencumbered Arkansas RN licenses with a minimum of two years hospital clinical experience.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) and education experience in an ASBN approved nursing program are preferred.
Minimum Salary or Salary Range $51,233
- Stand regularly
- Walk regularly
- Sit frequently
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel continuously
- Reach with hands and arms continuously
- Climb or balance occasionally
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl occasionally
- Talk or Hear continuously
- Taste or smell occasionally
- Up to 10 pounds continuously
- Up to 25 pounds frequently
- Up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Up to 100 pounds occasionally
- More than 100 pounds
Does this position have any special vision requirements? Check all that apply. Close vision, Distance vision, Color vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, Ability to adjust focus
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal, sex-offender registry background check. In cases where pre-determined, an additional financial/credit history/ background check may be required as well. Convictions that have been sealed or legally eradicated and misdemeanor convictions for which probation was completed and the case was dismissed, will be excluded. Disclosure does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors such as dates of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, rehabilitation and position applied for will be taken into account.
Background Check Requirements Criminal Background
ASU Beebe EEO Statement
Arkansas State University-Beebe shall provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, and shall strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity throughout our campuses for faculty and staff. Our goal is to foster a workplace community where individuals are valued for their diverse backgrounds and differences.
Posting Number : F1722014
Open Date : 08/05/2022
Open Until Filled : Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
NOTE: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.
Applicants for this position with ASU-Beebe must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with ASU-Beebe such as H1-B, F-1 (CPT/OPT), TN or any other status.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*