- BA/BS degree, or combination of education and related experience to equal four years
- Purchasing or accounts transaction in experience in higher ed or similar industry
- Experience working with faculty
- Experience working within an academic department
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Breakdown of Duties
50%: Use the information and requests received above to complete entry for purchases/accounting functions following all University best practice and procedure in the following systems or processes:
- Requisition and Purchase Orders
- Amazon Business Account management
- Check Request Forms and Single Payment Vouchers
- PCard reconciliation
- Chrome River entry
o Processing Chrome River reimbursements by proxy for those unfamiliar with the process within the departments
o Creating Purchase Orders (CPS, standard purchases, blanket orders, vendor setup)
o Processing PO payments, check requests, and non-PO payments.
o Initiating the required documents to establish vendors.
o Reconciling Pcard transactions
30%: Receive requests for purchasing and other accounting support services from departmental employees and,
- Evaluate the appropriate method of completing the request based on the information given and established policy and best practice
- Advise employees regarding general department and University policies and procedures. Serve as an information resource for employees making purchasing requests
- ensure all needed documentation and information necessary to complete the request has been provided
- follow-up with requestor as needed and collaborate with departmental accounting units as needed to resolve issues of departmental, collegiate, and university policy and procedure
20%: Monitor progress of requests and aid in data management
- Ensure approval was applied in a timely manner
- Promptly resolve issues found at the approval stage, working with both the requestor and accountant as necessary
- Receive on Purchase Orders
- Aid requestors and vendors in resolving issues as they arise
- Monitor MyWallet for charges approaching the 30 day and 60 day window for completion and advise cardholders and relevant department accountants of next steps
For more information about the College of Science and Engineering, please visit our website.
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
Please note: All employees at the University of Minnesota are required to comply with the University’s Administrative Policy: COVID-19 Vaccination and Safety Protocol by either providing proof of being fully vaccinated on their first day of employment, or complete a request for an exemption for medical exemption or religious reasons. To learn more please visit: https://safe-campus.umn.edu/return-campus/get-the-vax
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*