132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
PT Mental Health Clinician - Student Equity Pride Center - Continuous Applicant Pool
- Job Duties
- Provide clinical assessment and brief individual counseling, crisis intervention and emergency procedure (including hospitalizations) for students who are part of the Student Equity Pride Center.
- Assist with the coordination, development and assessment of clinical services and develop innovative service delivery strategies.
- Serve as a consultant/resource person to college faculty and staff regarding students with mental health concerns who identify as LGBTQ+
- Build strategic alliances and campus networks to enhance student life and participate in campus-wide activities on a regular basis.
- Provide outreach services that meet the social, developmental and academic needs of a culturally diverse student population.
- Assist with graduate internship program, including the recruitment, supervision and training of interns/trainees.
- Minimum Qualifications
Master's Degree in one of the following:
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Clinical Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Guidance Counseling
- Educational Counseling
- Social Work
- Career Development
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Marriage, Family and Child Counseling
- or the Equivalent
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Social Work and a California license as a licensed clinical social worker. Must maintain continuing education units sufficient to qualify as a supervisor of interns or other mental health professionals.
- Experience in crisis intervention/emergency services, with a demonstrated ability to work with a broad range of psychological challenges (from personal/social adjustment issues to severe and persistent mental illness.
- Successful experience in supervising, training and evaluating graduate level interns/trainees.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and train utilizing professional therapeutic orientations, models, techniques and strategies, while meeting the needs of a multicultural, multi-gendered and multi-aged clientele.
- Expertise in working with individuals who identify as undocumented or have mixed status, identify as LGBTQ+, identify as BIPOC, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to make effective oral presentations.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, legal and ethical standards of licensed mental health professionals.
- Previous experience working in a community college or university counseling center setting.
- Experience in training and program development in a community college or university setting.
- Prior experience working with underserved and at-risk populations.
- Prior experience working with international students.
- Demonstrated training and expertise in time-limited psychotherapy and crisis intervention.
- Additional Information
- COMMITMENT TO EQUITY AND DIVERSITY
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*