This job has Expired
Faculty Secretary Nursing ADN/BSN
Salary $11.96 - $14.82 Hourly
Location Laredo, TX 78046
Job Type Full Time
Division Health Sciences
Job Number 00096
Department Nursing - Associate Degree Nursing
Closing 11/13/2020 11:59 PM Central
Pay Grade 204
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The faculty secretary must be able to follow standard office procedures and be responsible for: college work-study employees or clerks, performing all duties assigned by the faculty, Program Director, Dean of Health Sciences or Provost/Vice-President of Academic Affairs, caring and maintaining of office and instructional equipment, and maintaining accurate and complete records.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs secretarial/receptionist duties such as typing, mailing, maintaining required records, answering the telephone and taking messages, scheduling appointments and greeting office visitors.
- Performs the associated duties of a cost center clerk, prepares and submits requisitions and keeps track of budget expenditures, and maintains supply inventory.
- Reviews, processes and ensures departmental forms such as Faculty Leave Reports, Travel Requests/Reports, Requisitions, and all other forms are accurate, complete and are accompanied with the appropriate required documentation.
- Maintains confidential files and records of students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintains an effective and efficient file management system for the department office.
- Maintains updated syllabi and ensures copies are ready for distribution before each semester begins. Uploads updated syllabi with each individual instructor’s course calendar and other information on the College website by the end of seven days after the semester begins.
- Keeps accurate property inventory records for the department office, faculty offices, etc.
- Assists the Program Director in budget planning and preparation.
- Submits works orders for building and equipment maintenance.
- Works with Program Director to input catalog changes and submits to appropriate office for approval.
- Prepares department meeting minutes.
- Prepares, processes and checks for accuracy all Faculty Course Overloads and Adjunct Agreements.
- Assists in assigning and contacting Adjunct Faculty regarding class assignments.
- Assists the Program Director in scheduling substitutes for absent instructors.
- Distributes student evaluation results to faculty.
- Inputs and revises semester class schedule in the Banner system as requested by Program Director and approved by the Dean.
- Prepares class status change forms as needed.
- Assists Program Director in preparing curriculum revisions to be submitted to the Dean.
- Supervises work-study employees, including interviewing and hiring, formulates work schedules, assigns duties, verifies work hours, completes performance evaluations, provides training in office procedures, polices, and operation of office equipment.
- Performs other related duties assigned by the Program Director, Dean of Health Sciences, and Provost/Vice-President of Academic Affairs.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your high school diploma or unofficial transcript or GED certificate. If recommended for this position an official transcript(s) will be required. If a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years secretarial experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The Faculty Secretary must reflect appropriate office and telephone etiquette procedures, and should be articulate in Spanish and English.
- This individual must have a cooperative attitude and be able to communicate effectively with students, campus visitors, and college staff.
- The Faculty Secretary is responsible for the care and maintenance of office equipment, for maintaining an efficient work area, and for keeping accurate records.
- This individual must possess effective clerical and office secretarial skills such as filing, work processing and be able to use modern office equipment.
- The Faculty Secretary must have the ability to type with a high degree of accuracy; proficient in clerical skills and knowledgeable of office machines; proficient in the use of microcomputer applications; Microsoft Word, Excel and internet.
- The use of microcomputer is required, and the use of database and spreadsheet application programs is preferred.
College work-study employees
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*