The University Administrative Finance Specialist performs general, routine accounting activities that may include maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports and accounts payable, payroll and/or receivable functions. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, works under minimal supervision and may lead and direct the work of others.
- Reconcile charges to general ledger accounts and maintains manager accruals for AP at month-end.
- Reconciles grant activity and creates journals for recognition to Accounting
- Assist Contracts and Grants manager with grant compliance.
- Assists in Budget preparation reports, and analysis.
- Assist with special projects in forecasting, financial analysis, and budget processing
- Audits AP data for compliance and sets up miscellaneous contracts and vendor requests for AP payment.
- Responsible for overseeing procurement cards for compliance.
- Maintains quality control records and supports other various AP functions.
- Maintains requisitions and inventory for campus office supplies.
- Oversee and evaluate faculty and adjunct contracts for schools to ensure that employee compensation is received accordingly.
- Coordinate invoice processing to ensure timely payment while acting as liaison to FMOLHS Accounting.
- Manage the tuition reimbursement and tuition waiver program based on University policy while working directly with FMOLHS Human Resources.
- Manage sales tax compliance and annual audit reporting
- Supports Administrative staff as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Embrace and advance the Catholic, Franciscan mission of the University by ensuring that all duties assigned are consistent with the mission and implemented to achieve its goals.
5 years total; 2 years business related and 3 years accounting related
High School Diploma
Microsoft Office Suite. Excel proficient.
Location: Our Lady of the Lake · 60COL7014 Fin and Administratn
Schedule: Full-time, DAYS, 8 - 4:30