This position, which reports directly to the Controller, will perform accounting and budget work for both the College and the Foundation. The position’s responsibilities will include preparation of various general ledger account reconciliations; preparation of adjusting journal entries; preparation, review, and analysis of accounting detail and schedules needed for the College's Annual Financial Report; preparation and delivery of campus departmental training on compliance matters and the Banner Finance system; analysis of revenue and expenditure variances; and various other accounting duties as assigned by the Controller and the Vice Chancellor of Finance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the accounting and control function by performing account analysis and reviews, account reconciliations, journal entries, and internal and external reporting.
- Complete and/or review business transaction documents (i.e., requisitions, disbursement vouchers, travel authorization, expense forms, and Purchasing Card transactions) for compliance with College, State and other applicable policies and procedures including business purpose, appropriate use of funds, correct coding, available funds, and proper supporting documentation.
- Monitor, review, and reconcile purchases posted to the finance and fixed asset systems to ensure compliance with property control and fixed asset capitalization and depreciation policies. Prepare fixed asset and depreciation schedules for the Annual Financial Report.
- Assist Travel and Purchasing Program Administrators with extraction of travel and purchasing card expense transactions from Bank of America WORKS, preparation of journal entries, upload into Banner Finance system and reconciliation on monthly basis.
- Assist in monitoring and recording payments for public works contracts and reconciling retainage accounts monthly.
- Assist in drafting and monitoring contracts and agreements entered into by the College. Contracts and agreements include, but are not limited to: personal, professional, consulting or social services contracts; public works contracts; cooperative endeavor agreements, interagency agreements, memorandums of understanding.
- Assist in development of training materials and conduct training sessions for campus departmental personnel. Topics to include travel regulatory compliance; Banner Finance system features and use; and other subjects as assigned.
- Perform accounting functions for the SOWELA Technical Community College Foundation, including posting of journal entries, preparation of donor statements, and preparation of financial reports as requested by the Foundation Board. Assist Controller with providing information to the external auditor during the annual audit of the Foundation’s books.
- Assist the Controller with providing information to the external auditors to facilitate timely completion of the SOWELA audit. Prepare schedules, reports, and reconciliations requested by the audit team in a timely and accurate manner. Address audit questions and provide comments in a timely and professional manner.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Controller or Vice Chancellor of Finance.