TITLE: Digital Media Specialist
DIVISION: Strategy & Innovation Marketing
SALARY: Temporary Support, Payband J, $37.52 - $43.50 per hour (35 hours per week)
LOCATION: 200 King St.E.
STATUS: Temporary Support
EFFECTIVE DATE: November 30, 2020 - March 31, 2021
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
- Designs and creates e-marketing materials and templates; modifies graphics and content changes involved with adapting email templates to various marketing initiatives.
- Ensures email campaigns comply with the latest industry requirements -- Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and AODA standards.
- Generates reports and provide analytics upon request; works with stakeholders to optimize key metrics including, and not limited to, CTR, open rates, engagement and retention.
- Works with the Senior Manager, Alumni and Digital Engagement, to establish best practices, benchmarks, and recommendations for improvement.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Supports the maintenance of videos on the College’s YouTube channel.
- Acts as internal subject matter expert and work with marketing managers and students to upload new video and digital assets in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Evaluates and determine appropriate digital advertising platforms for internally managed stakeholder marketing initiatives.
- Advises and communicates with stakeholders on any changes to internally managed advertising campaign.
- Uses SEO tools to create, research, and write copy for Search Engine Marketing landing pages, SEM & social advertisements.
- Creates digital graphic designs for offline and online utilizing exceptional design theory and principles.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Four year degree or a three (3) year degree with a professional certification from a recognized post-secondary institution in E-Marketing/Digital Marketing/Web & Mobile Technologies/ Graphic Design/ UX/ or equivalent education is required.
- Minimum five years’ experience developing quality email campaigns and digital marketing campaigns with specific experience in Envoke or another email marketing client.
- Proficiency in graphic design theory and principles, digital asset management, mobile app best practices, and Analytics (i.e. Google Analytics & various digital and social advertising platform analytics).
- Demonstrated experience in the creation, development, and optimization of campaign landing pages and web development within a content management system.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, and digital advertising (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, AdWords).
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, HTML and CSS an asset.
- Superior interpersonal, communication, leadership, planning, time and project management, and problem-solving skills.
- Possess deep level of collaboration and excellent teamwork skills.
- Strong research and organizational skills, with high attention to detail; highly creative, innovative, proactive and team orientated.
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Strong collaboration and people skills and the ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Hours of Work: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
Closing: Open until filled
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and indigenous peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca.