NorthWest Arkansas Community College (NWACC) provides quality and affordable higher education to empower lives and strengthen communities within Northwest Arkansas and surrounding areas.
As the largest community college in Arkansas, NWACC is recognized as a leader in education. NWACC offers a full range of associate degrees, certificates and workforce training programs that prepare students for rewarding futures and careers.
NWACC employees are dedicated to fostering a diverse educational community and cultural learning environment that supports student success.
NorthWest Arkansas Community College is seeking qualified applicants to establish a pool for part-time and/or substitute instructors in this discipline (ESL and/or GED Instruction). Applications will be kept on file for the fiscal year ending June 30. When a position becomes available, the hiring department will review the applications on file. After each fiscal year end the application will expire and a new application must be completed to remain in the applicant pool.
Email is the primary method that NWACC utilizes to communicate with its applicants. If you choose not to provide an email address, please note that you will need to log back into the system in order to obtain updates regarding your application.
- Provide education and training in academic areas as specified in approved lesson/training plans at an approved off-site location.
- Represent the program in the community, identify resources, identify potential partners, be an advocate.
- Prepare specialized lesson plans and training plans and curriculum as needed.
- Create and/or modify teaching materials and learning aids for students with special needs.
- Maintain documentation of classes, evaluations, and other related information.
- Produce complete, accurate, and legible records of training and evaluations.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Have a strong sense of customer service principles.
- Enter student records and manage student information entered into the state adult education management information system.
- Monitor student attendance. Contact absent students as needed.
- Participate in program recruitment and retention activities.
- Administer student assessments.
- Participate in in-service training and staff meetings.
- Complete training required/sponsored by the Arkansas Department of Career Education, Division of Adult Education and by NWACC. This duty is performed each semester as scheduled by the sponsoring agency.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Rate of pay: $20 per hour
Bachelor’s degree is required and an Arkansas Teaching Cerfiticate is required.
Master’s degree preferred.
NWACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, please see our EEO policy.