The University seeks an individual with a strong interest in working in a mission driven, faith-based institution. The role of the Campus Card Manager in working with the campus community and the responsibilities of the position are significantly tethered in the university’s contemporary Roman Catholic mission.
The Manager oversees the daily office and financial functions to assure compliance with University policies. Assures excellent customer service. The Manager is responsible for the training, supervision and evaluation of staff.
The Manager provides budget support of the Campus Card Office to the Business Director, Auxiliary Services. Responsible for overseeing the sale of meal plans and campus cash cards.
Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and upgrades of the CS Gold and POS systems for Campus Card and various outside vendors.
The Manager is responsible for CBORD Systems training program for new employees. The Manager oversees, administers, and manages all aspects of the Onity Entry Systems and Salto Administration (electronic locking systems) for campus which includes the initialization, programming, and troubleshooting as well as the continuous management and maintenance of the system databases.
Periodically, this position may be asked to lead or contribute to either ad hoc or ongoing division/campus projects outside the scope of their day-to-day activities. In addition.
This position may contribute to or lead additional division/campus project outside of the typical duties to help further accomplish student or organizational goals. Additional assignment may be seasonal, ad hoc or ongoing, depending on the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for meal plans development within CS Gold and maintaining of plan usage within system.
- Works directly with IT Services to set up and deploy the meal plan portal each academic year.
- Works directly with IT Services to set up and deploy the required plan assignment each academic year.
- Leads meal plan sales and the Campus Card Office in promotion and sales of all meal plans.
- Completes weekly, monthly, semester and annual meal plan analysis and submits to the Business Director Auxiliary Services.
- Reconciles Meal Plan sales and revenue and submits to the Business Director Auxiliary Services.
- Acts as Department liaison and information source to both internal and external customers with regard to all aspects of the Campus Card Services Office.
- Delegates and coordinates responsibilities for the smooth operation of the Campus Card Services Office including relations and collaborations with both internal and external customers.
- Establishes Campus Card Services operational plans, goals and strategic long-term planning.
- Ensures that financial controls are consistent with University accounting policies and practices.
- Processes inter-departmental billing for charge accounts or miscellaneous deposits to discretionary accounts.
- Acts as System Manger for CS GOLD, UGRYD, GET, and System training Manager for CBORD FSS.
- Responsible for the integrity of third-party access to the CS Gold system. Oversees the reconciliation of daily usage and deposits.
- Implements and maintains proper safety standards in the workplace. Responsible for emergency preparedness response in the workplace including business continuity.
- Attends approved conferences and/or workshops that will benefit operation of units.
- Administers and manages the Onity and Salto electronic entry lock system database which consists of offline, smart, stand-alone, electronic locking systems, which utilize chip, magnetic stripe and pin code technology for individual access using the campus card as a key, insuring facility security.
- Acts as Onity and Salto electronic entry lock system liaison and programming source to deans, directors and building operation managers.
- Supervises Executive Assistant. Provides direction in the supervision of College Work-study students and Temporary staff during registration periods.
- Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining and termination of staff.
- Administer performance evaluations of these positions using the University’s established guidelines.
- Assures compliance with University Policies and Procedures. Informs staff of policy and procedure changes, both departmentally and on the University level.
- Supports employee participation in skill development and job-related professional development programs so as to improve the levels of service and quality of products offered to customers and to maximize productivity.
- Review and approve time cards for staff positions.
- Manages and oversees the Campus Card Services budget and executes budgetary authority.
- Enforces proper cash handling procedures, ensures accurate and timely deposits and assumes responsibility for the security and audit of all change funds and cash receipts.
- Assists the Business Director Auxiliary Services with the development and implementation of the annual budget.
- Oversees payments and commission checks for departmental and off-campus vendors.
- Responsible for Meal Plan required plan assignment, Meal Plan sales and Meal Plan semester reconciliation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience to match educational requirement on a year for year basis required.
- At least 3 years of related experience required.
- A minimum of two years of supervision in a financial/business office or the equivalency required.
Experience in CS Gold/CBORD software or similar system preferred.
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated responsible management and supervisory experience.
- Ability to direct work teams in daily and project settings effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to motivate employees and work teams.
- Ability to communicate department goals effectively.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with a high accuracy rate.
- Ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- Ability to multi-task and balance changing priorities.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of the University community.
- Proven problem-solving ability. Ability to define and propose and implement effective solutions.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized data base software
- Skill in the configuration, installation, and operation of leading edge automated ID and security system (as SALTO, Onity, CBORD access or similar system)
- Knowledge of computer and/or network security system, applications, procedures, and techniques
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Campus Card, Dining Services policies including knowledge of university meal plans, Student Accounts and Parking Services permit policies, procedures, rates, regulations and contracts.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the GS Gold and Micros POS Software Systems or similar system.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient ability to use Microsoft Office and its applications.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skills in both written and oral communication.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Will be required to work flexible schedule to accommodate fall and spring registration, intersession and summer business.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Computer, telephone, fax, copier, calculator and other related office equipment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. .
Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org