Auto Instructor - Spring 2024
Gogebic Community College seeks candidates for a full-time faculty position to teach Automotive courses beginning Spring semester 2024. This position reports to the Vice President of Academic Services and would be located at the Ironwood Campus.
The starting salary for this position at is $49,452.54. We seek a candidate with excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, someone with the ability to use technology to enhance teaching and learning, and one who is familiar with student outcomes assessment. A commitment to
innovative instructional models including distance learning and hybrid is expected.
It is important that there is recognition, acceptance, and adherence to the community college mission and philosophy from our candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide instruction on a variety of automotive courses including but not limited to: electrical systems, engine performance, climate control, brakes, suspension and steering, automatic transmission, manual transmission, diesel and hybrid technologies.
• Follow set standards for curriculum for the current associate program and certificate.
• Working effectively with other faculty and staff.
• Ability to use computer supported enrollment and student tracking systems.
• The successful candidate will have two to three years of experience with at least 4,000 hours of work experience and an earned Associate’s degree, from a college or university holding federally recognized accreditation, in a related discipline with demonstrated competencies in automotive technology.
• The successful candidate must be an A.S.E. Certified Master Technician. Additional OEM and/or aftermarket training or certification desirable but not required. The successful candidate must possess valid driver’s license.
• Communicate effectively.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to integrate instruction into practice.
• Familiarity with EV technology
• Professional experience in a repair shop
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Don’t just work here... Live here.
About Our College:
Gogebic Community College is more than a place to work. It’s a place to be. As an Aspen Award finalist and the premier provider of quality two-year education in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, Gogebic employs a community college approach in delivering university-level quality. Gogebic supports more than 1,000 students with small class sizes and an outcome focused philosophy.
Gogebic Community College’s “Go BOLD” motto prescribes a dynamic environment in which students and employees alike are supported as they do great work, live adventurous lives, and build extraordinary futures.
A Bold Place to Work…
Gogebic is more than a community college… It’s a college community—known for supportive leadership and dynamic, down-to-earth employees.
A community institution at the heart of our region’s workforce, the College and its graduates uplift not only local economies, but those throughout Michigan, and beyond. Combining high standards with a “serving the top 100%” approach, Gogebic Community College is a place to
make a stand for your career…and make a difference in the lives of students.
Gogebic Community College is a learning community that contributes to academic, cultural, economic, and social success for our students and region.
Application Process Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing all the following in one email,
or mailed in one envelope to the Human Resource’s Office:
- Letter of interest
- Detailed resume
- Three references with current contact information
- GCC Application for Employment
- Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
- Other relevant material
Debbie Janczak, Director of Human Resources
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*