Visiting Professor for Marketing in Bay Area
When you apply for a DeVry University career, you become part of an institution that dates back to 1931. Our colleagues are passionate about higher education and shaping the future of today’s learners.
DeVry University is seeking Industry Professionals with a Master's degree to share their knowledge and experience as an Adjunct Faculty member to teach day, evening and/or Saturday practitioner-based programs in various instructional areas.
Faculty are responsible for facilitating student learning by delivering educational courses and programs in accordance with DeVry University requirements.
Faculty develop course syllabi and lesson plans and apply teaching techniques to best achieve course and programmatic objectives.
All DeVry instructors will participate in a comprehensive faculty training program and ongoing faculty development activities to ensure the highest quality instruction.
- Develops and provides students with an approved DeVry University syllabus that follows a template established by the local campus, and which includes the terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares, and regularly revises and update all course materials.
- Uses appropriate technological options for online technologies and course-related software, including Websites, e-mail, and online discussions for preparing the course and making it accessible to students.
- Models effective oral and written communications that engage the students, provide clarity, and improve student learning.
- Sets clear expectations for the course by publishing course terminal objectives, assignment/examinations dates, and weight the distribution of various evaluation categories.
- Ensures that the content and level of material included on exams correspond to the course terminal objectives.
- Demonstrates consistency and fairness in the preparation and grading of exams and provide timely feedback to students. Completes other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s degree is required/Doctoral degree preferred (with 18 graduate hours in the subject being taught for undergraduate teaching).
- Additional requirements driven by state licensing or accreditation considerations may apply.
- Faculty must have requisite subject matter expertise and outstanding communication skills.
- Faculty must also have excellent motivational and instructional skills in a diverse and non-traditional environment.
- Must be able to work in a collegial manner and facilitate the efforts of diverse groups.
- 401(k) and Roth Plan w/match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Health Advocacy Service
- Family and Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tax Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life, Accident, AD&D, Critical Illness Insurance
- Fertility Coverage
- Wellness Programs
- Volunteer Time Off
- Remote and Flex Work Options
- Technology Stipend
- Paid Tuition Program
- Auto/Homeowners, Pet and Legal Insurance
- Exclusive Discount Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Career Development Programs
- Mental Health Care Programs
- Family Care Services
- 2nd.MD, a virtual expert medical consultation service
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*