This job has Expired
Medical Laboratory Technologist
Working TitleMedical Laboratory Technologist
Anticipated Hiring RangeCommensurate with experience
Work Schedule40 hours a week to be determined for M-F and every other Saturday 9am-12pm (dependent on workload, average 2-3 hours). Available for holiday hours and occasional callback weekend hours.
Job LocationRaleigh, N.C.
Department192001 - CVM Teaching Hospital
About the Department
Patients benefit from the combined expertise of multiple specialists utilizing a team approach to patient health care. Each year, nearly 25,000 patients are treated in the VH. The VH provides compassionate care, state of the art specialty health care, and expert clinical instruction for 4th year veterinary students from College of Veterinary Medicine, and ongoing investigation of innovative techniques and procedures to further advance the field of veterinary medicine.
Essential Job Duties
- Processing clinical samples; specifically plating, reading and interpreting microbiology cultures with focus on bacteriology, mycology and parasitology.
- Implementation of equipment to support processing clinical microbiology samples.
- Performing QC testing on equipment and maintain records for the laboratory.
- Preparing for safety inspections and waste removal.
- Assessing and maintaining inventory for the lab.
Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, or a Biological Science; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Some positions may require compliance with current Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations.
Other Required Qualifications
- Must communicate effectively with all lab personnel, work effectively and efficiently with others but also take the initiative to work independently and in a timely fashion.
- Working experience plating, reading and interpreting microbiology cultures with focus on bacteriology, mycology and parasitology.
- Experience with equipment including AST/MIC, MALDI-TOF MS and PCR-related equipment.
- Ability to maintain data and samples produced from clinical cases.
- Ability to assist in preparation of bacteriological SOPs, perform QC and maintenance on equipment, maintain controls and prepare lab for inspections, manage consumables and communicate requests for ordering with lab supervisor, remove lab waste.
- Effective at time-management to accommodate for scheduled diagnostic testing and yet also flexible to adjust to unscheduled diagnostic testing.
- Ability to learn and use LIS required for electronic documentation of lab testing.
- Experience with laboratory testing and analysis.
- Experience with the oversight of a medical/veterinary laboratory setting.
- Experience with testing in microbiology and/or molecular biology.
- Capable of functioning as a clinical laboratory technician, understanding laboratory equipment and processes.
- Competent in establishing SOPs compliant with both State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Collegial and committed to growth in the laboratory, and laboratory personnel.
- ASCP certification
Required License or Certification
Valid NC Driver's License requiredNo
Commercial Driver's License Required?No
Job Open Date11/27/2023
Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.)12/04/2023
Notice to Applicants
Position Classification Band TitleMedical Laboratory Technologist
Position Classification Band LevelJourney
Position Classification Salary Range$37,634 - $80,487
Salary Grade EquivalencyGN11
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week)1.0
Appointment12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse WeatherMandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency EventsMandatory - Medical Emergencies
Time Limited PositionNo
Time-Limited Appointment Length (if applicable)N/A
Department Id192001 - CVM Teaching Hospital
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*