This job has Expired
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor
The Adjunct Mathematics Instructor shall provide instructional services to his/her students in accordance with the respective approved curriculum on file in the Office of the Director of Instructional Services/Career Technical Education Instructor. This position description shall apply for all instructors, including instructors teaching special training for industry courses.
Salary Commensurate with education and experience according to ACCS Board of Trustees Salary Schedule L (Local).
- Planning, organizing, and instructing assigned courses in the day or evening on any Reid State campus as assigned;
- Maintain supervisory responsibility for students during the hours they are assigned to the department, classroom or course.
- Maintain professional conduct in dealing with students, staff, administration, faculty, and the college community.
- Submit to the immediate supervisor a course syllabus for each course taught every semester.
- Provide classroom and laboratory instruction in accordance with approved course outlines.
- Inform students concerning course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance requirements, and academic progress.
- Provide for effective evaluation and assessment of the learning experience of each student in accordance with college policy.
- Maintain necessary attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submit them according to announced deadlines.
- Evaluate and record student performance/achievement in a timely manner and provide prompt feedback to students to assure learning.
- Participate in the planning of effective long-range and short term goals for the department and college.
- Post and maintain appropriate office hours in accordance with policy.
- Maintain updated course notebooks for all courses taught.
- Provide course syllabi to and discuss with all students in each class assigned.
- Maintain updated course syllabi for all courses assigned.
- Maintain accurate class attendance and grade records.
- Assist with recruitment and placement of students to include visitations to high schools, community activities, college fairs, and job fairs, and distributing recruitment materials to community locations.
- Prepare paperwork necessary for the efficient operation of the college for compliance with federal, state, local, and college regulations and directives.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills; both written and oral; and work ethic.
- Develop, evaluate, and review curriculum with department chair and other faculty to ensure maximum student competency.
- Assist in evaluation, development, and improvement of curriculum and departmental goals and objectives.
- Recommend textbooks and other instructional materials including classroom, library, and equipment through Division Chairperson to the Director of Instructional Services/Career Technical Education Instructor.
- Assist the division chair with developing and managing a departmental budget in support of the Annual Budget.
- Submit a Professional Growth Plan, in accordance with guidelines for State Board Policy 605.02, for approval by the President prior to pursing advancement in rank.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior, loyalty, honesty, and integrity, both on and off the campus.
- Recommend media resources for purchase to the department chair.
- Attend workshops and meetings that contribute to planned professional development.
- Ensure safe environment for student learning.
- Assist the division chair in identifying qualified adjunct faculty.
- Attend faculty meetings as required.
- Activity participates in division/college committees and campus activities.
- Adhere to and assist in implementing college policies, objectives and functions in accordance with the college philosophy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President, Director of Instructional Services/Career Technical Education Instructor, or Division Chairperson.
- Master’s degree in Math or Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics from an accredited institution.
- Five years full-time teaching experience in math.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work independently is required.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, other employees, and the public is required.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and must submit a completed application through the online application systems to be considered for this position. Submission of a completed application packet is the responsibility of the applicant. To be considered for an interview, (only complete application packages will be given consideration for employment, incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview). The applicant must submit the following:
- A completed official College employment application
- A current resume
- Written verification of minimum, required work experience from a current or previous employer. Verification must include employment dates, job title, indicate if the employment was full-time or part-time, and be on official letterhead with an authorized signature.
- Copy of unofficial or official transcripts. (Transcripts must confirm applicant meets educational requirements.)
Applications must be filed online at: https://www.rstc.edu/employment if at any point you have problems completing your application, contact the human resources department at Reid State Technical College (email@example.com).Please Note: All application materials must be electronic – It is recommended that you have digital (such as pdf) copies of your resume, employment verification documents (if applicable), all required transcripts, and any other document identified in the vacancy announcement ready when you begin the on-line application process. You will be given the opportunity to upload these during the process. WE DO NOT ACCEPT FAXED, MAILED, OR E-MAILED application materials.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated on this vacancy notice and must submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for this position. Complete application files must be received no later than the application deadline. Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. Applicants must travel at their own expenses. Finalist will be required to provide official transcripts that are mailed directly to the Office of Human Resources at Reid State Technical College from the institution(s) granting the credits.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit a nonrefundable fee of $24.40 for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Reid State Technical College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
Reid State Technical College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Reid State Technical College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding. The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
Part-Time position not eligible for benefits.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*