Adjunct Instructor Tap
State Fair Community College will be an exceptional student-centered college that empowers individuals to grow, thrive and prosper within a changing world.
State Fair Community College provides relevant and innovative learning experiences that successfully prepare students for college transfer, career development and lifelong learning. SFCC is committed to being accessible and affordable; values collaborative partnerships; and strengthens and enriches the intellectual, economic and cultural vitality of the communities it serves.
- Providing instruction in Theatre Arts on the State Fair Community College campus for Tap Dance for the Spring 2023 Semester.
- Teaching the full range of tap dance techniques throughout the semester that will result in a Dance to be in the Student Theatre Showcase at the end of the Semester.
- Participating in student mentoring in Dance.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with students and staff;
- Teaching assignments in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed.
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by State Fair Community College.
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom; AND
- Masters or Master of Fine Arts in Dance or Choreography
- Bachelors or Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance/Drama/Theatre Arts/Performance AND at least 3 years of professional theatre experience in the world of Dance.
- 5-7 years of Professional Theatre experience in Dance and Professional References.
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Willingness to examine and remediate ones instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience working with a diverse student population;
- Masters of Fine Arts degree in Dance, combined with significant professional experience;
- Extent of knowledge and proficiency of various techniques of jazz
- Demonstrated ability to work with a budget;
- General knowledge of theatrical technical production;
- Knowledge of current assessment methods and materials;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff;
- Related work and professional experience;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
- Completed applications will include SFCC application, cover letter, resume and if applicable transcripts. Employment will require a criminal background check at College Expense
AA Statement: SFCC is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of State Fair Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, or veteran status in its educational programs, activities or employment as required by law in regard to admissions, awarding financial aid, access to courses and programs, and all student services as well as the recruitment, admission and retention of students.
As part of our enduring commitment to inclusive excellence on our campus, State Fair Community College, is a member of the Greater Missouri Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). HERC supports job seekers through the higher education job search process and it supports institutions in their efforts to create inclusive recruitment, hiring, and retention practices for staff and faculty.
Part time faculty employees receive 3 credit hours of tuition waiver per semester they teach. ** see policy and regulation if hired.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*