Requisition # HRC0215856
Dr. H Phillip Koeffler is looking to for a Postdoctoral Scientist to join his lab in the Cancer Institute. His lab studies involve experiments with human and murine leukemic cell lines, MDS patient samples, murine models, molecular and cell biology, and a strong emphasis on large-scale data analysis. Postdoctoral scientists are needed to contribute to research studies in Dr. Koeffler’s lab. They will investigate the biological significance of transcription factors in gastric cancer and perform independent research experiments with the guidance and mentoring from Dr. Koeffler.
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period in the field of cancer biology. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. Responsible for designing experiments, assembling data for publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design of experiments in cooperation with the mentor.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the mentor.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in in biomedical sciences, pharmacology, or an area directly related to field of research specialization
- Demonstrable laboratory experience (1-4 years) in drug discovery and natural products research, in vivo mouse work, antitumor efficacy, and pharmacology, with some experience in molecular biology, tumor cell biology, microbiology, and protein purification and production.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Experience as a first author in one or more publications on impactful body of work, highly desired
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist- Koeffler Lab - Cancer Institute
Department: Home Dept - Hem - Onc
Business Entity: Academic / Research
City: Los Angeles
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Full-time
Cedars-Sinai is an EEO employer. Cedars-Sinai does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of the race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics or any genetic information), marital status, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age (40 or older), military and/or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal or state law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Applicant_Accommodation@cshs.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and wellbeing of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.