Salary Depends on Qualifications
Location Coastline College, CA
Job Type Short Term
Division Coastline Community College
Job Number Proj Asst-Social Media Campaig
Responsible for coordinating and administering the college's social media campaign projects for various Coastline College social media platforms. Performs a variety of technical, analytical and administrative support duties in providing responsible staff support to the marketing department and is expected to, as directed, assist the department in development and launching of multiple social media campaign projects.
This is a Professional Expert position to provide support for the Coastline College social media campaign project. The Professional Expert will serve as a subject matter expert specifically related to social media campaigns. Under direction of the Director, Public Relations and Marketing, this position will primarily support the expansion and development of social media campaigns across various platforms.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides subject matter expert support to the College Public Relations and Marketing department in the areas of social media campaign coordination and administration.
- Assists with the creation and publishing of relevant, high-quality content for all social media channels.
- Supports development and expansion of community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Physical Demands
Education and Experience:
Associate's degree AND
- Desirable: Bachelor's degree in marketing or communications Or, any combination of education and experience that would provide the required qualifications for the position.
- Relevant work experience in social media marketing,
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as being self-motivated.
Conditions of Employment
This is a professional expert position. The District reserves the right to extend, modify, or eliminate this position based upon available funds. The effective dates of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
This is a recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill temporary/short-term assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or Divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary/short-term assignments as the need arises. Applications will remain in the pool for one year. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview. Please do not call the Office of Human Resources regarding the status of your application.
Employment is contingent upon verification of employment history, background verification as governed under Education Code requirements, eligibility to work in the United States, and approval by the CCCD Board of Trustees. The hours of work and effective date of employment will be arranged with the supervisor.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential job function; the inability to meet attendance requireme
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this opportunity, you must submit a COMPLETE application packet. A complete application packet includes:
- A complete Coast Community College District Online Employment Application.
- Answers to ALL Supplemental Questions, if any (please provide clear and detailed responses, where applicable, as they will be carefully evaluated to determine the most qualified candidate(s) to be invited for an interview; please do not paste your resume, put "see resume" or "N/A", or leave blank).
- A current Resume (as a separate attachment - PDF recommended).
Candidates will also be responsible for all travel expenses if selected for an interview, the Coast Community College District does not reimburse for candidate travel expenses.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources by calling (714) 438-4714.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A detailed list of physical demands and work environment is on file and will be provided upon request.
The Coast Community College District is a multi-college district that includes Coastline Community College, Golden West College, and Orange Coast College. The three colleges offer programs in transfer, general education, occupational/technical education, community services and student support services. Coastline, Golden West and Orange Coast Colleges enroll more than 60,000 students each year in more than 300 degree and certificate programs.
Since its founding in 1947, the Coast Community College District has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading community college districts in the United States. Governed by a locally elected Board of Trustees, the Coast Community College District plays an important role in the community by responding to needs of a changing and increasingly diverse population.
Coast Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coast Community College District is committed to employing qualified administrators/managers, faculty, and staff members who are dedicated to student learning and success. The Board recognizes that diversity in the academic environment fosters awareness, promotes mutual understanding and respect, and provides suitable role models for all students. The Board is committed to hiring and staff development processes that support the goals of equal opportunity and diversity, and provide equal consideration for all qualified candidates. The District does not discriminate unlawfully in providing educational or employment opportunities to any person on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or genetic information.