Salary $53,933.87 - $79,667.66 Annually
Location Lancaster, CA
Job Type Faculty-10 months
Department Health & Safety Sciences
Job Number RN19-02
WORK SCHEDULE Placement on the applicable salary schedule is commensurate with education.
ANTICIPATED START DATE Open until filled 2020
Full-time teaching assignment in the Health and Safety division.
- In addition to teaching 15 lecture hour equivalents per semester, full-time faculty are responsible for five office hour per week and preparation time, and are expected to participate in faculty/division meetings
- Full-time faculty also participate in curricular planning, student learning outcomes, program learning outcomes, development, assessment, and implementation; evaluation of educational programs; and college governance contributory to the attainment of the college's mission and strategic goals
- Instructors may be assigned a combination of daytime, evening, and/or Saturday classes, as the college is dedicated to the educational success of a diverse student body with diverse needs
- Continued professional development through the Faculty Professional Development Program or other sources is expected
- Travel between District locations is also expected
Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges:
Master's in nursing OR Bachelor's in nursing AND Master's in health education or health science OR the equivalent OR the minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher. (Academic Affairs, California Community Colleges)
Antelope Valley College Equivalency: No equivalency per faculty.
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
- Current California RN License or eligibility for licensure by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Must have one year of full-time experience in acute care (hospital) setting within the last 5 years, or must be willing and able to remediate or currently approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing to teach medical-surgical nursing, and one or more of the following: maternity nursing, pediatric nursing, and/or geriatric nursing.
- In addition, successful candidate(s) may be required to remediate to (become approved to teach) other areas of nursing.
Additional Required Documents:
- Unofficial transcripts indicating date degree conferred for all degrees noted.
- Include a list of at least three references from individuals who have first-hand knowledge of your ability, character, personality, and scholarship.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the requested documents submitted through NEOGOV by the deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Antelope Valley College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Upon request, we will consider reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment or admission process, (b) perform essential job functions, (c) enjoy benefits and privileges of similarly-situated individuals without disabilities, and (d) participate in instruction, programs, services, activities, or events.
Annual Security Report is provided by Antelope Valley College for prospective students and employees. A copy of this report is available at http://www.avc.edu/administration/police/