Job Posting TitleInformation Technology Technical Services Supervisor (District Office)
LocationLos Rios Community College District (District Office)
Department LocationInformation Technology
The Los Rios Community College District is the second-largest, two-year public college district in California, serving approximately 75,000 students in the greater Sacramento region. The district’s 2,400 square mile service area includes Sacramento and El Dorado counties and parts of Yolo, Placer, and Solano counties and is comprised of four uniquely diverse colleges – American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, and Sacramento City colleges. In addition to each college’s main campus, the district offers educational centers in Placerville, Davis, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Natomas, and Rancho Cordova.
The Los Rios district office is centrally located in the heart of the Sacramento valley. The growing Capital Region has strong communities and emergent arts and dining scenes, and is nearby some of the most celebrated tourist destinations in the country – Lake Tahoe, Napa Valley, and San Francisco. The Sacramento area is a great place to live and work!
The district has approximately 6,000 employees throughout our four colleges and district office complex. The District office is centrally located between all four colleges and provides welcoming, inclusive, and equitable environments for Los Rios students, employees, and our community partners. Our departments strive for the highest quality in all programs, services, and activities, and are focused on advancing the learning of our diverse student population through improved academic and social outcomes.
Our Colleges offer equity-minded, academically rigorous, student success centered education. Our objective is to help our students successfully achieve their academic goals, whether they want to transfer to a four-year college or university, earn an associates degree, or obtain one of more than 100 certificates in high demand career fields.
The Information Technology (IT) Technical Services Supervisor (District Office) is a working supervisor charged with the responsibility to plan, organize, supervise, and participate in the activities of the District Information Technology Technical Services Team; ensure timely and accurate problem solving, system testing, and change management; maintain user relations; assure compliance with District policies and principles of good IT practices; prepare internal and external documents, and activity reports; and supervise, train, and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel. [For a detailed job description for this LRSA Los Rios Supervisors Association posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Information Technology deparment.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 21 days’ vacation yearly and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRSA contract agreement details.)
● Plans, supervises, and participates in the implementation and maintenance of physical and virtual network, server, and storage environments, wired and wireless environments, telephony, network and application software, database systems, web and application servers, and client computing environments.
● Assures compliance with District policies and IT Department procedures.
● Ensures system and data security; implements support procedures, including maintaining inventory, and ensuring operational performance of District technology infrastructure and equipment, smart classrooms, and meeting rooms.
● Monitors and supervises version upgrades and enhancements of network/desktops operating systems and application software.
● Recommends changes in procedures as appropriate.
● Responds to verbal, written, and electronic inquiries from clients regarding status of work requests, backlog, and issues.
● Supervises, trains, and evaluates assigned staff.
● Establishes team goals according to guidelines.
● Provides technical expertise to staff and other IT Department employees.
● Resolves issues and coordinates activities.
● Participates in interviewing and selecting new personnel.
● Coordinates departments’ operations with faculty and participating agencies/colleges, and makes basic arrangements such as program format and adherence to timelines established for projects.
● Confers with College and District Office Departments to coordinate efforts and enhance network systems and capabilities.
● Maintains budgetary expenditures for departments’ operations, equipment, supplies, and materials; operates office equipment including computers.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work Year12 month
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm., Monday – Friday
Total Hrs per Week/Day40 hours per week
EXPERIENCE: Four years of increasingly responsible experience, including two years in a lead or supervisory capacity, in computer/network systems analysis, design, programming, testing, implementation, and user relations.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in MIS, Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
Education must be from an accredited institution.
1. A completed Los Rios Community College District Classified Application (required).
2. Resume (recommended).
3. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (required).
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation (recommended).
5. Letter of Interest (recommended).
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
●Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as official transcripts.
● It is the responsibility of Los Rios Community College District employees to also provide official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position. (Within 60 days of the time of hire, employees are required to submit official transcripts, if required in the minimum qualification for the position).
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Salary$8,978.82 per month (Exempt) LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary InformationNo additional salary information to note
Reports To (Supervisor)Michael Day
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during our business hours.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting closing date
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.