Job TitlePlant Operator
Position StatusFull Time
Assignment LengthThis field only applies to Faculty
DepartmentDT Physical Plant
Tends ventilating and heating equipment such as fans, vacuum pumps, air compressors, vents and ducts, and lubrication oil coolers used in buildings by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Adjusts valves to regulate temperature of lubrication oil and flow of water through system
• Moves controls to regulate speed of fans and to adjust vents and ducts
• Records gauge readings, repairs completed, and time lost because of inoperative equipment
• Makes periodic inspections and does incidental repairs
• Writes repair work order tickets and out of order tags preparatory to equipment repair
• Inspects equipment to detect excessive noise and heat
• Replaces gauges and tightens and caulks leaky fittings
• Adds chemicals to boilers and air conditioning systems
• Advises Chief Plant Operator in case of serious malfunction
• Cleans carbon deposits, pitch, and grease from fans, vents, and ducts
• Repair or replace pumps, pump seals and bearings on heating and cooling equipment
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Two (2) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of boilers, air conditioning units or related equipment
• Knowledge of steam and hot water heating equipment and commercial air conditioning equipment
• Experience working with computerized systems
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
The typical schedule for this position will be Sunday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.