The Research Scientist will work for the Tulane Center for Biomedical Informatics and Genomics, which is part of the John W. Deming Department of Medicine. This position plays a major role in enabling research programs through collaborative and collegial interactions with faculty, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and staff. The rank of the research scientist is a staff appointment. A research scientist may apply his/her effort entirely to research, or a combination of research, training, and lab managerial activities. The classification of Research Scientist I is the entry level position in the job hierarchy. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical skills and competencies to conduct quantifiable, meaningful research
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds at all levels internal and external to the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively as a positive, contributing member of a team
- Ability to keyboard and utilize various standardized word processing, spreadsheet preparation, and presentation software.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work, performing assignments with minimal supervision
Required Education and/or Experience
- A Ph.D. / M.D. in biomedical sciences or other related areas
- Work experience in an academic environment .