Depends on Qualifications
Full time permanent
Main Campus - Portales, New Mexico
This position will participate in recruiting programs and recruitment events, official university functions, special projects, and outreach to external audiences for the primary purpose of recruiting students to Eastern New Mexico University.
Counsel students and parents about postsecondary educational options and recruit them to ENMU; conduct individual and group information sessions and provide occasional tours of campus; represent ENMU at high school, college day/night programs, and transfer fairs; coordinate academic/college/department recruitment event on and off-campus reception for prospective students; and assist with general recruitment and admissions office duties. Evaluate prospective students for scholarship offers/awards
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with the recruitment team for the development of structures and processes necessary to collect and analyze marketing and enrollment data to support decision making and guide strategy development.
- Will be responsible for a recruitment territory and facilitate appropriate targeted outreach efforts to support the enrollment goals of the university.
- Serve on project teams that enhance the development of internal processes that impact recruitment, admission and retention of students.
- Maintain knowledge of all ENMU undergraduate programs and the programs of competing institutions.
- Receive visitors and disseminate prepared educational materials.
- Prepare and present recruiting and information programs to high school students.
- Travel to programs and high schools both in and out of New Mexico. Contact and correspond with prospective students through personal contact, phone calls and correspondence.
- Contact and correspond with high school counselors for onsite visits.
- Coordinate transfer college school visits with the ENMU Transfer Center
- Follow up to get application files completed
- Input, maintain, retrieve and ensure accuracy of data for Enrollment Services including online inquiries, prospect cards and scholarship information.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Participate in cross-training throughout the department
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A Bachelors degree
- 1 year demonstrated leadership experience
- A demonstrated capacity for independent work
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and road conditions
- Valid New Mexico Driver's License or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Willing to gain knowledge of enrollment management practices specifically related to recruiting and marketing strategies.
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, critically, and respond tactically to enrollment opportunities and challenges.
- Capable of developing and implementing integrative marketing and recruitment plans to reach enrollment goals.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication and product management skills.
- Knowledge of integrated technology-based information systems.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Independent learning skills and a strong motivation to succeed in helping ENMU achieve its goals and mission.
- Capacity to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is performed inside in a non-smoking facility with regular work hours, but may require traveling independently with overnight lodging, working evening and weekend hours to meet operational needs.
- Work is medium in nature that at times requires exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Essential Functions: [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.]
Application Review Date: Open until filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
Electronic Application Instructions: Electronic applications should be submitted through the "Apply" link on the top of this page. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
- Letter of interest
- Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
- Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Eastern New Mexico University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University's non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission, and the University is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner. For more information regarding Title IX please click https://www.enmu.edu/about/public-documents/title-ix/coordinator . New Mexico is an open records state, therefore ENMU complies with the Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2, from the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General. Requests for records should be sent to Patrice.email@example.com. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail ENMU.HRrecruiter@enmu.edu