Faculty - Dance/Movement Therapy
Faculty - Dance/Movement Therapy
Our students come from and intern in community agencies which serve diverse client populations. Applicants should be experienced with, and committed to, work with such a diverse population. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are required.
- Current Board Certification in Dance/Movement Therapy (BC-DMT)
- Doctoral degree in Creative Arts Therapies, Expressive Therapies, or Counselor Education. ABD will be considered.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated clinical experience in dance/movement therapy and clinical mental health counseling.
- Demonstrated graduate level teaching experience and/or expertise in content areas including dance/movement therapy, movement observation frameworks, and related counseling courses such as practicum and internship supervision, group, and theories.
- Demonstrated commitment to implementing social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion in DMT practice, supervision, and education.
- Seeking candidates who have the ability and/or experience developing a coherent research agenda in DMT and are able to carry out their research agenda as well as disseminate results through professional venues.
Position Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Active involvement in the DMT profession and/or with the American Dance Therapy Association at the state, regional, or national level
- Active involvement in the counseling profession and/or with the national/local professional counseling associations (e.g., American Counseling Association)
- Advanced training in movement observation, analysis, and assessment
- Previous experience in teaching and supervising fieldwork courses (e.g., practicum and internship)
- Eligible for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in New Jersey
- Certification as an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS).
- Research agenda focused on underserved and/or under-represented populations in DMT.
About Rider University
Rider University is committed to fostering an inclusive, vibrant living and learning community that embraces students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds and enables them to achieve success.
Through reflection and open, respectful dialogue, we develop responsible citizens who demonstrate academic understanding and compassion to grow and serve as leaders in a diverse and global world.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment supportive of the multicultural needs of Rider University and the surrounding community are highly desired.
Rider University is consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News and World Report, The Wall Street Journal and The Princeton Review. For more than a decade, Rider has also been recognized in The Princeton Review’s Guide to Green Colleges for its sustainability efforts.
Rider University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer dedicated to excellence through diversity.
Do the essential functions of this job require lifting?
Do the essential functions of this job require long periods of standing?
Do the essential functions of this job require walking up stairs?
Do the essential functions of this job require stretching?
Do the essential functions of this job require bending?
Graduate Education, Leadership & Counseling (CEHS)
Special Instructions to Applicants
The completion of a background check is required for all new hires.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*