Psychology Instructor, (Temporary, Part-Time Pool)
Faculty (Credit Program)
Salary (Applicant View)
Rate is set in accordance with the City College of San Francisco Faculty Salary Schedule for hourly assignments. Currently the rate upon entry is from $85.23 to $93.01 per hour depending upon placement.
TEMPORARY , PART - TIME POOL
Faculty - Part-Time
Full Time/Part Time
The Behavioral Sciences Department is a vibrant and dynamic program serving the diverse students of City College of San Francisco who are seeking transfer degrees, and certificates across the college. Instructors in this program can expect to teach a diversity of in-person and online introductory-level courses to students at various learning levels, participate in a collaborative department environment, and work on furthering the goals of the college.
1. Teach in-person and online courses offered in Psychology. Assignments may include those listed in the department course listing https://www.ccsf.edu/academics/ccsf-catalog/courses-by-department/psychology
2. Teach day, evening, weekend, and/or online classes or classes at one or more sites in-person as required.
3. Evaluate and report student learning outcomes and grades each semester. Provide ongoing and consistent feedback to students on their progress, areas of improvement and strengths.
4. Participate in the development and furthering of departmental and college goals.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with community college students with disabilities, various sexual orientations, and diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds (Required).
2. Master’s in Psychology from an accredited institution; OR THE EQUIVALENT ;
Bachelor’s in Psychology from an accredited institution AND Master’s in Counseling, Sociology, Statistics, Neuroscience or Social Work from an accredited institution; OR THE EQUIVALENT ;
[If you would like to claim education equivalency for the formal educational requirement, the “Faculty Equivalency Application Form” is available on the left side margin. This form will be considered as part of the application materials and must be submitted on or before the filing deadline as indicated on this job posting.]
1. Experience teaching Psychology in a community college or at the university level for 2 or more years.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of and college-level experience teaching Biological Psychology (and related courses) and/or Research Methods.
3. Collegiate online and classroom (in person) teaching experience.
4. Discipline-related professional work experience in addition to classroom teaching.
5. Additional training incorporating diversity, anti-racism, and/or cultural humility in educational settings.
6. Evidence of instructional experience at the university or college level using culturally responsive pedagogy that leads to equitable outcomes for all students.
7. Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of inequities in higher education and a commitment to rectifying policies and processes that restrict access for historically minoritized and disproportionately impacted students.
To apply for this posting, start by completing an online Faculty Position Application Form at http://jobs.ccsf.edu. To be considered a candidate for this posting, the following materials must be submitted and received by the Human Resources Department on or before 11:59 p.m. of the posting filing deadline. Substitution of required document(s) is not permitted.
Applicant: Please do not send any application materials to the Department Chair. Human Resources Department is not responsible for any documents addressed and/or sent to the Department Chair.
1. A detailed letter expressing interest in the position, indicating specifically how the minimum qualifications and as many as possible of the desirable qualifications will be fulfilled. Minimum and desirable qualifications are listed in this posting. The letter should also address the applicant’s background and skills in the areas stated in the Examples of Duties. Clearly indicate the specific instructional area(s) for which you are qualified to teach. (See position description for list of courses).
2. A current resume summarizing educational background, teaching experience, and related work experience.
3. A City College of San Francisco Electronic Faculty Position Application completed in full and applied to this specific posting online. The statement “See Resume” is not acceptable.
4. Three (3) references -Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses. The list of references must include current supervisors/employers, or other professionals, who have knowledge of the responsibilities/duties, specific to this type of position.
5. Copies of transcripts verifying the degrees and majors as listed on applicant’s CCSF Application Form; official transcripts and actual verification of work experience will be required at a later date. [ NOTE : Degrees and majors must be posted on transcripts to be considered in the application process. Foreign degree(s) must be evaluated before an application can be processed. Foreign Degree Evaluation sources information is located on the left side margin.]
6. Diversity Statement: Separate from your letter of interest, submit a concise response using only one page to discuss how your course content and teaching methods meet the needs of culturally and academically diverse learners. List classes or professional development activities you have participated in that directly relate to working with diverse student populations. (Note: Substitution of “diversity statement” with a “teaching philosophy” document will be automatically disqualified.)
Applicants bear the sole responsibility for ensuring that all application materials are complete when submitted and are received by the Human Resources Department by 11:59 p.m. on the posting filing deadline. Postmarks will not be honored. Emails are not acceptable. Incomplete application packages will not be considered. All application materials become the property of the City College of San Francisco, and will not be returned. Application files for this posting will not be considered for other postings.
For additional assistance, please call Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring process should contact General Services at (415) 452-7660 to make the necessary arrangements. Please be aware that verification of a covered disability under the ADA may be required.
Selection Procedure/Conditions of Employment
Applicants who meet all minimum qualifications and have all required application documents in the CCSF Human Resources Department on or before the filing deadline will be included in the initial review processes to be conducted by the Search Committee. A reasonable number of applicants who are judged by the Committee as best matching the requirements of the position will be invited for a personal interview with the Search Committee. An additional interview will be offered to applicants who are advanced beyond the initial interviews (full-time position only).
City College of San Francisco requires that new and current employees participate in the Covid Safety Campaign. All employees must demonstrate proof of Covid vaccination. New hires must submit documentation for verification to the Human Resources Department.
Employees must satisfy all the pre-employment requirements for a CCSF Release to Work Authorization Certificate prior to appointment which include, but are not limited to, tuberculosis clearance (EC 87408.6), fingerprinting processing, and verification of their legal right to work in the United States.
City College of San Francisco reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify or to rescind this job posting at any time without prior notice.
It is the policy of the City College of San Francisco to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, religion, age, gender, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, disability or AIDS / HIV status, medical conditions, gender identity, or status as a Vietnam-Era veteran. These categories specifically include status as a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning person in any District program or activity. For further information, contactGeneral Services at (415) 452-7660.
Posting Detail Information
Job Open Date
Application Review Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Rebecca Ancheta, Ph.D.
Chair of Behavioral Sciences Department
Special Instructions to Applicant
Applicants who meet all minimum qualifications and have all required application documents in the CCSF Human Resources Department on or before the filing deadline will be included in the initial review processes to be conducted by the Search Committee. A reasonable number of applicants who are judged by the Committee as best matching the requirements of the position will be invited for a personal interview with the Search Committee. Invited applicants attend interviews at their own expenses.
Initial screening will commence on October 10, 2023, for those who have submitted completed application materials.
Applicants with a masters degree in Counseling Psychology (such as a MFT degree) must complete the “Faculty Equivalency Application Form.” This form will be considered as part of the application materials and must be submitted on or before the filing deadline as indicated on this job posting.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*