Mercer County Community College invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Mathematics with a focus on statistics. Qualified candidates should possess a strong commitment to teaching excellence and demonstrate a high level of professional accomplishment or scholarship in their field. The successful candidate will teach the existing elementary statistics courses as well as statistics for STEM majors and participate in all department activities including advising and mentoring of students. Participation in curriculum planning, program review, service on College-wide committees, and a willingness to serve as course coordinator is required. The preferred candidate will have previous college-level statistics teaching experience, a willingness to teach both day and night sections, and enthusiasm for teaching at our urban and suburban campuses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teach existing elementary statistics courses as well as statistics during the day and evening.
• Advise students at both campuses
• Participate in college-wide committees and campus activities.
• Master’s Degree in Mathematics or Statistics is required for all candidates. Candidates should have university/college-level teaching experience, demonstrate a commitment to working with an ethnically and culturally diverse student population, and have a strong commitment to the comprehensive community college mission. A passion for effective teaching, student advising, collegial involvement, and the ability to contribute to the educational mission of the College is also required.
• Undergraduate college teaching experience