Apply now Job no: 501822
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Hybrid/Flexible Work Arrangement
Categories: Drexel University, College of Engineering
The Drexel Advanced Infrastructure Materials (AIM) Laboratory along with the Drexel Sales’ Microbiology lab is seeking for an outstanding candidate for an open postdoctoral position in biological and microbial Induced mineralization and biocorrosion for concrete self-healing and corrosion mitigation applications starting January 2024.
The successful candidate will work on developing nature-inspired biological and microbial induced techniques for repairing aged, corroded, and damaged reinforced concrete structures.
The candidate will help the group to mentor, train, and guide graduate students in performing and publishing research activities.
The successful candidate will work in the group of Professor Farnam and Professor Sales, in a strong collaborative environment in the departments of Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
More information about the Drexel AIM lab and the Drexel Sales lab can be found at: https://research.coe.drexel.edu/caee/aim/ and https://research.coe.drexel.edu/caee/microbes/.
- Other duties as assigned
- A PhD or Doctorate in Microbiology, Material Science/Engineering, Civil engineering, Geotechnical Engineering Bioengineering, and/or Chemical Engineering or other relevant field.
- Strong expertise with strong evidence of publication records in the microbiology, biochemistry, and characterization of microbial induced biomineralization, bioprecipitation, and/or biocorrosion processes.
- Strong expertise with strong evidence of publication records in mineral/materials advanced characterization such as: X-Ray Diffraction, Scanning Electron Microscopy, Optical Microscopy, Fluorescence Microscopy, 3D X-Ray Tomography, X-ray Spectroscopy, Auger Electron Spectroscopy, and ICP-MS and/or ICP-OES.
- Previous postdoctoral position.
- Evidence of preparing high quality internal or external research proposals.
- Evidence of mentorship and assisting team members.
- An ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- An interest in working in a fast-paced research environment.
- Hybrid/Flexible Work Arrangement – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a grade of J (Minimum: $ 47,490.00-Maximum: $ 71,230.00) . Offered salary is dependent upon internal equity and the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience.
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure and Compensation Guidelines & Policies, please visit the Compensation and Salaries website .
Please review the Benefits Brochure for some information on our benefits offerings.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Sep 7 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 7 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*