Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Accountant II (S03537)
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Administrative & Fiscal Services located in Rockville, MD, has need for a full-time Accountant II, position #S03537. This is an exempt, non-bargaining, Grade 27 level position. The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Under general supervision, the incumbent performs professional accounting and financial reporting. This accounting work requires the understanding and application of formal accounting principles and practices to ensure financial record keeping and procedures meet acceptable standards. Daily responsibilities usually consist of specific tasks relating to the practical application of theory and basic principles of accounting in the context of the regulations, organization, requirements, automated systems, and other characteristics of a finance/accounting operation.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Classify, record, and report financial transactions according to General Accepted Accounting Principles of America, applicable governmental accounting standards, grant award guidelines, and institutional policies and procedures.
- Prepare periodic financial report for external and internal stakeholders, supporting schedules for annual financial, single audits, financial statements and note disclosures.
- Report financial performance and prepare budget projection for regular leadership reviews.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support. Develop automated reporting and forecasting tools for data collection, organization, and output of information.
- Financial Analysis: Reconcile financial records. Resolve accounting errors and issues. Maintain and strengthen internal control procedures in achieving designated objectives. Analyze financial results, monitor variances, identify trends, and recommend actions to management for optimization.
- Cash Management: Draw down fund via government payment gateways. Monitor bank account for unusual account transactions. Request bank accounts balance transfer in supporting operational needs.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field.
- Three (3) years of professional accounting experience. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted.
- Strong analytic skills, detail oriented, strong time management, multi-task and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB); Pronouncements of laws and regulations governing accounting procedures and systems.
- Skill in operating within an integrated application business environment (i.e., all business applications are integrated into one system and requires communication and understanding of all).
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Knowledge of budgetary management and work experience in higher education
- Knowledge of in Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards
- Experience of fiscal management of federal student financial aid
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Thursday, February 20, 2020
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.