Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Part-time Faculty WD&CE Literacy-GED® Test Preparation Instructors
Job Description Summary
The Montgomery College Adult ESOL & Literacy Grant Program is seeking teachers of Adult Literacy, GED® Preparation. Come join the largest adult education program in Maryland! Our program focuses on life, literacy, and civic skills and GED® Preparation (academic) instruction. Classes meet days, evening, or Saturdays at various sites throughout the county.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Faculty member will be expected to teach Adult Literacy or GED® test preparation classes.
- Faculty members will abide to program policies and procedures.
- Faculty members will participate in training sessions prior to the class start date.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Master’s degree and/or extensive experience in Secondary Education (Math, Language Arts-reading & writing, science, social studies) preferred.
- Minimum 6 months experience teaching Adult Literacy and/or GED®
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in at least one of the following subjects: Math, Reading or Special Education.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
Friday, February 7, 2020
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.