Mental Health Counselor II
Hours: 40 hours per week with occasional evening and Saturday shifts and work schedule option
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm OR
- Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (9 hours) and Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (8 hours), off every other Friday
Pay Rate: $33.00 to $36.00 per hour
Education: Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling required
Licensure: License-eligible or registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) strongly preferred
Candidates who are eligible to register with the BBS within 90 - 120 days of conferred Master's degree are encouraged to apply
As a Mental Health Counselor II, you will...
- Conduct behavioral health assessments for clients, utilizing a psychosocial rehabilitation focus and dynamic team-based approach
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions, as well as case management
- Develop and update individual treatment service plans for clients
- Create discharge plans and provide linkage to other support services within the community
- Participate in interdisciplinary treatment planning
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with a mental health population, especially with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of County Health and Human Services requirements including documentation is preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Proficient in computer skills, including MS Office
- A valid California driver's license in good standing and eligibility to be an approved CRF driver is required to fulfill the essential functions of this position. In addition, proof of insurance is required prior to driving personal vehicles on company business.
- Proof of COVID vaccination required, unless legally exempt
- Ability to pass criminal/background clearance
Benefits: CRF provides benefits to help you balance your work life and your personal life. For full-time staff (30 hours or more), we offer...
- 19 days of PTO per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Monthly contribution of $100 towards qualified student loan debt
- Choice of medical plans, with minimal employee cost/expenses for you and excellent coverage
- Several dental plan options
- Vision benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Tax-Free Flexible Spending for medical/dental/childcare expenses
- Generous retirement plan contributions
- Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family
- Employee discount program, including pet insurance plans
- Paid training and supervision hours are available
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Access to student loan forgiveness programs for graduates
CRF inspires and mentors the next generation of mental health professionals!
IMPACT is an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program that provides intensive, community-based case management services for homeless adults in the Central region of San Diego County. We deliver fully-integrated services to clients diagnosed with a serious mental illness, as well as individuals with co-occurring, mental health, and substance disorders.
Our program utilizes the evidence-based practice of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) to support our clients in the higher level of community care and to assist them in reaching their goals and living a life that is not dominated by mental illness. Our team is a model of care, providing treatment, rehabilitation, and case management supports.
CRF staff members work together to meet the needs of San Diego County’s residents who are experiencing mental/behavioral health challenges. We offer a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters personal growth and development. You will work within a collaborative, supportive team structure, learn new ways to provide optimal supports to your clients and help people change their lives for the better!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*