Apply now Job no: 501723
Work type: Full-Time
Location: University City - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: Drexel University, School of Education
The Freddie Reisman Center for Translational Research in Creativity and Motivation (FRC) is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Postdoctoral Associate to identify cutting-edge research in creativity and motivation. The successful candidate will have experience collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, IHE faculty, traditional and non-traditional PK-12 teachers in a variety of settings including self-directed/unschooling classrooms, corporate trainers, and national and international creativity and motivation researchers to gather basic research that is appropriate for translation for use by FRC end-users.
- Developing and improving the systems for recruiting FRC end-users, disseminating the FRC Creativity and Motivation Modules, and collecting and analyzing the end-users’ feedback.
- Conducting data analyses of collected data and writing papers as lead or co-author.
- Assisting in credit and noncredit bearing workshops that train end-users in implementing the FRC modules with their learners.
- Participating in identification of and writing grant funding applications.
- Writing brief reports for dissemination to multiple community and policymaker stakeholders and audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD or Doctorate Degree in Education or a related field.
- a Minimum of 1-3 years of experience.
- Experience in teaching grades PK-12.
- Strong qualitative research background and good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interest in furthering their expertise and publications in the areas of creativity, innovation, and/or motivation.
- Strong demonstrated interest in creativity and/or motivation research.
- Experience in publishing in academic journals and/or funded proposal development.
- Basic Project Management skills.
- Basic web development skills using common web-development software.
- Experience conducting multilevel and longitudinal analyses; integrating data from multiple sources; and/or survey analysis is desirable.
- University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as exempt with a grade of I, [$41,120 - $61,680] annually.
The offered salary is dependent upon internal equity and the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience.
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure and Compensation Guidelines & Policies, please visit the Compensation and Salaries website .
Please review the Benefits Brochure for some information on our benefits offerings.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Aug 18 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 18 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*