Apply now Job no: 501681
Work type: Full-Time
Location: Queen Lane Campus - Philadelphia, PA
Categories: College of Medicine
Drexel College of Medicine, Department of Microbiology & Immunology, invites applications for a postdoctoral fellow to join Dr. Eugenia Lo lab and the Malaria team at Drexel. Dr. Lo’s laboratory centers on molecular epidemiology, host-parasite interactions, and evolutionary genomics, with the goal of yielding a deeper understanding of human infectious disease and improving the diagnosis and treatment of infections.
Working closely with the Genomic Core Lab, the candidate will develop, optimize, and implement cutting-edge RNA-Seq, spatial transcriptomics, and/or proteomic methods to gain new insights into the cellular functions and regulatory pathways underlying different form of malaria infections. The position offers opportunities to 1) develop and utilize critical skills in method innovation, 2) gain experience playing key roles on teams of interdisciplinary scientists, 3) build productive collaborations with leading experts in the field that advance high-impact projects, and 4) establish a track record in microbial and host-pathogen functional genomics.
Applicants should have a recent Ph.D. in biological disciplines or other related fields. Lo lab is located on the Queen Lane campus in Philadelphia, with extended lab space in downtown campus for genomic and immunological work. Postdoctoral fellow will have opportunities to collaborate within the department on other infectious diseases including various viral and bacterial infections (beyond malaria), as well as with other research teams in Computer Science, Public Health, Biology, and other departments throughout Drexel University. A strong emphasis is placed on career development, participation in national meetings, communication skills, grant and manuscript writing, and interdisciplinary research. Postdoctoral Fellow is expected to be self-motivated and independently driven. S/he will be joining a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary training environment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Involved in conceptual and technical design of experiments.
- Conduct genomics and bioinformatic studies of malaria parasites and human hosts
- Collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Collaborate with other lab members in bioinformatics.
- Write manuscripts for peer review journals.
- Present findings in internal and external research forums such as scientific conferences, lab meetings and institutional seminars.
- Help mentor graduate/undergraduate students.
- Participate in grant proposal writing.
- Minimum of a PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Microbiology, Statistics, Epidemiology, Bioinformatics, Public Health, or related subjects.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a related field.
- Evidence of publication record in genetics, biology, and/or infectious diseases, with experience performing genomics/bioinformatics and epidemiology studies.
- Excellent communication and written skills to enhance interactions and collaborations among different research teams.
- Typically standing, walking.
- Typically standing, walking
- Queen Lane Campus, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Non-Exempt with a grade of I, [$ 41,120.00- $ 61,680.00]. The offered Pay is dependent upon internal equity and the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience.
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure and Compensation Guidelines & Policies, please visit the Compensation and Salaries website .
Please review the Benefits Brochure for some information on our benefits offerings.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Additional Required Documents
- List other required documents
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Advertised: Aug 16 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Sep 16 2023 Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*