Assistant Vice President, Undergraduate Education
Undergraduate Education is at the heart of the mission of Notre Dame.† Every person at the University has a role to play in this mission, and creating a vision of education, a community of care and a commitment to excellence is central its overall effectiveness.† In this work, the Notre Dame community seeks to educate and develop the whole person in such a way that it generates, as noted in the Universityís mission statement, ďa sense of human solidarity and concern for the common good that will bear fruit as learning becomes service to justice.Ē
The Office of Undergraduate Education, as a Division under the Provostís Office, plays a unique role in articulating the vision of a Catholic Education and advancing this mission.† At its core, the Undergraduate Education team is committed to help Notre Dame students ascend the mountain of knowledge, understanding and wisdom. Through the work of its various units, its primary purpose is to serve other parts of the University and to help develop, coordinate, and advance many of the activities that are central to the educational journey.† In this process, the goal of the University is not only to create smarter students but also to form better people who help transform the world.
Recent restructuring in the Office has created the need for an Assistant Vice President to help the internal development of this unit and to strengthen their relationship with other parts of the University. Much of this change has given rise to a NextGen ND unit, which will help coordinate many new and existing activities. The Assistant Vice President will lead the new NextGen ND office and activities within Undergraduate Education. Working closely with the Colleges and Schools, Student Affairs, the Enrollment Division, and other units that provide student support resources, the AVP will help coordinate and align the wraparound services and programs needed to advance student flourishing, especially for our most at-risk students. The new AVP will ensure that NextGen ND is a highly effective centralized ecosystem that helps students navigate their academic journeys at Notre Dame. This leader will represent Undergraduate Education through strong partnerships, effective internal and external communications, and with high attention to accuracy and detail, balancing and influencing multiple competing priorities and interests. S/he will report to the Vice President and Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education and is a UE senior leadership team member.
- Oversee the creation of an ecosystem that helps students navigate their academic journeys and the resources available to them at Notre Dame.
- Demonstrate strong organizational knowledge, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence in order to facilitate the progress of the divisionís strategic direction among internal and external constituencies.
- Develop the metrics and outcomes for NextGen ND, evaluating the effectiveness of the coordination and student support services and identifying opportunities for enhancements.
- Develop and implement systems, tools and reporting mechanisms to manage and monitor the complex responsibilities, projects and initiatives being managed by the organization, capture appropriate metrics, and track performance to goals.
- Partner closely with Students Affairs, Enrollment, the Colleges and Schools as well as with and key colleagues in executive offices across the University, to coordinate efforts to enhance the support services and resources for our Undergraduate Students.
- Establish collaborative relationships and maintain strong ties with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the VP and Assoc. Provost and UE leadership to continually assess priorities, direct efforts, track progress, meet deadlines, and further the daily, short-term, and long-range goals of the office and deliver on strategic direction.
Notre Dame Undergraduate Education is committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity. We strive to achieve a culture of openness, autonomy, and belonging, making Notre Dame an exceptional place for our team, partners, and collaborators to flourish.
7+ Years of relevant experience
Excellent writing and editorial skills
Success leading strategic planning and implementation efforts
Multi-Lingual a plus
Provost Office (28000)
Family / Sub-Family
Student Svcs / Student Affairs
M 4 Associate Vice President
Department Hiring Pay Range
Commensurate with Experience
S1 - FT Exempt
Job Posting Date (Campus)
Job Posting Date (Public)
Job Closing Date
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/30861
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*