This job has Expired
Associate Director, Student Programming and Involvement
Job TitleAssociate Director, Student Programming and Involvement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees Student Involvement and Programming team, directly supervising 1 full-time Assistant Director, 2 full-time Program Coordinators, as well as indirectly supervising 2 full-time Student Involvement Coordinators and 1 full-time Administrative Assistant; Helps plan and execute 60+ programming events for SAO throughout the year, with a heavy emphasis on first three weeks of each semester, home football weekends, and large University events and Holidays, such as Welcome Weekend, Junior Parentsí Weekend and Senior Week; Develops and oversees assessment of goals and student learning outcomes for SAO programs; Leads teams that provides administrative support to 500+ University recognized clubs and organizations. Serves as resource on contract matters, liability/risk avoidance and ensuring compliance with University policy.
- Serves as primary advisor for the Student Union Board and Executive Programming Board; Attends weekly leadership and organization meetings and SUB events; Helps with understanding of and compliance with University policy; Assists students with oversight of budgets and approves expenditures; Works with Associate Director, Facilities, Events, and Services to ensure compliance with and adherence to university risk management policies for events and programs; Supports Program Coordinators for Student Programming in their advisement of other major University recognized student programming organizations, such as class councils, and the execution of significant events such as Junior Parentsí Weekend and Senior Week.
- Serves as Activities Liaison for significant number of University recognized clubs, ensuring successful program compliance with University policy; Assists University recognized student clubs and organizations with development and facilitation of large scale events; Reviews submissions for SAO departmental approval; Serves as resource on contract matters and liability/risk avoidance; Supports various administrative responsibilities of the main office and other parts of the 20+ person SAO staff team as necessary.
- Provides on-site supervision of designated events as Event Manager to oversee use, admission receipts, compliance with policies, hospitality for performer(s) and to assist in problem resolution in any of the SAO centers and venues.
- Participates as integral member of a large, multifaceted Student Development team interacting daily with colleagues in the Gender Relations Center, Multicultural Student Programs and Services, Office of Student Enrichment, Office of Community Standards, RecSports, University Bands, Family Resource Center, and student media groups.
- Candidates must possess a masterís degree, preferably in college student personnel, counseling, higher education or a related area.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years of full-time experience with departmental administrative responsibilities, student group advising, large scale event planning, and supervising and building successful teams of both staff and student employees.
- Qualifications include advanced understanding of personal computers (including desktop publishing and Google suite), strong organizational skills and the knowledge of and desire to develop cutting edge leadership and social programs.
- Additional qualifications include exceptional communication and interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a diverse group that includes students, staff, faculty and the public.
- The successful employee will also possess a commitment to fostering Judeo-Christian values, consistent with the mission of a Catholic university founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross.
DepartmentOffice of Dir- Student Activities (15060)
Family / Sub-FamilyStudent Svcs / Student Activities
Career Stream/LevelM 1 Supervisor
Department Hiring Pay RangeUp to $70,000
FLSA StatusS1 - FT Exempt
Schedule: Days of Week & Hours
Schedule: # of months12
Job Posting Date (Campus)04/26/2023
Job Posting Date (Public)04/26/2023
Job Closing Date06/11/2023
Posting TypeOpen To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/30588
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*