Part-Time Business Manager
North Manitou Light Keepers, Inc. (NMLK) is a non-profit organization that owns and cares for the North Manitou Shoal Light (locally known as “the Crib”), an off-shore lighthouse in Leelanau County, Michigan. NMLK’s mission is to restore the Crib, make it and its history available to the public for education and appreciation, and cultivate an active community of stewardship for this piece of Michigan maritime history that stands amidst one of America’s most beautiful locations.
NMLK is hiring a part-time Business Manager to help grow and maintain the organization while also engaging with the community. Under the leadership of the Board of Directors, the Business Manager is responsible for managing business functions and administration for the organization. The person in this role also engages with members, donors, other stakeholders, and board members on a regular basis. This role requires someone energetic and affable, with strong communication skills, who also is organized with a strong attention to detail and follow-through.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing relations and communications with members on a regular basis;
- Administering NMLK’s membership database, onboarding, and member support;
- Supporting external communications, including creating and posting social media content, managing NMLK’s website, creating media content, and managing NMLK merchandise;
- Assisting the President with the organization of board and member meetings;
- Supporting the administration of tours provided by the organization of the North Manitou Shoal Light to tour guests;
- Organizing NMLK events and meetings with members and the public; and
- Managing overall organization administration, including filings and submissions with government agencies
Targeted Experience, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelors Degree in a related field
- 3+ years of non-profit management experience is preferred
- Experience in the following technology applications, including Google Business Suite, Google Drive, Gmail, Salesforce, Slack and FareHarbor
- Ability to work independently and proactively to fullfill responsibilities, follow-through on tasks and complete projects
- Experience maintaining and cultivating organization memberships and volunteers
- Strong organizational abilities including leadership, planning, program development and coordination
- Capacity to collaborate with and motivate board members and volunteers
- A passion for the great state of Michigan
Compensation, Benefits, and Structure
The position is part-time and permanent, with an anticipated schedule of 20 hours per week. The position provides a competitive hourly rate and a flexible hybrid work schedule with the opportunity to work remotely and also onsite for events, meetings and other circumstances.
The Recruitment Process
The recruiting process is designed to ensure that we make the right hire for this critical position
and will include a combination of phone and in-person interviews, candidate assessments, a pre-employment background check and drug test.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*