This job has Expired
Adjunct Instructor-Accounting/Finance - FY 2023
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching assignments will be designed to prepare students for certification in areas of emphasis such as Financial, Managerial, Tax Accounting and other accounting courses.
- Participation in student advisement, recruitment activities, assessment of student learning outcomes, and program/curriculum development will be essential. Serving on department, school, and college-wide committee along with other duties as assigned will be required.
- Master's degree in Accounting from a regionally accredited college/university
- 1 year teaching experience as an accounting instructor at a college or university
- Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) such as Canvas or Blackboard
- PhD in Accounting
- CPA and/or CFE professional certification
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce and student body. Desire to reach out to the local community, business sector including collaboration with CCSD
- Interested in enhancing self-growth via internal and external courses, seminar using learning management systems
Applications will be considered on an as-needed basis determined by course availability.
This position will be paid $925.00 per lecture credit hour. Credits will vary by semester.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*