This job has Expired
Executive Assistant to the Dean
Job TitleExecutive Assistant to the Dean
The executive assistant to the dean provides executive-level support to the dean of the Mendoza College of Business. This includes managing daily administration to ensure efficient, effective operations; coordinating projects and special events related to donors and current and prospective faculty, staff, and students; and other administrative responsibilities in support of the Dean and the college.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Manages daily administration for the dean, acting as the first point of contact with donors, faculty candidates, etc.
- Manages the deanís calendar to ensure effective use of time and efficient operations
- Assists in arranging the deanís travel, and processes reimbursements
- Coordinates meetings, drafts agendas, and disseminates minutes
- Requests supplies, materials, food, and technology to facilitate meetings and operations, including deanís socials, football season events, holidays, etc.
- Manages projects, coordinates logistics and executes special events for the deanís office
- Makes high-level contacts of a sensitive nature regarding routine & non-routine issues internally and externally
- Collaborates with college staff members on faculty matters including annual meetings, hiring, orientation, and the appointment and reappointment process; as well as activities and correspondence with alumni, current donors, and potential donors; and Business Advisory Council activities and meetings
- Manages administrative operations for the deanís suite including ordering and organizing of office supplies and refreshments, mail and shipping, reservation requests for the boardroom and deanís golf cart, maintenance for the deanís golf cart, as well as overseeing the deanís office Access Database.
- Responsible for hiring and managing the deanís office student assistants
- Oversees and delegates responsibilities to students for maintaining common areas including the reception area, boardroom, copy room, and kitchen
- Provides backup support to the front reception desk
- Assists as needed with setup and clean-up and basic technical support for meetings held in the deanís boardroom
- Works closely with the senior leadership team to support the mission and vision of the dean, college, and university.
- Helps with correspondence for and often responds on behalf of the Dean to a broad range of constituencies relating to inquiries
- Works closely with the director of communication on executive-level communications and forwards situations and issues presented by staff, faculty and external constituents to appropriate area for resolution
What makes Mendoza College of Business special?
ē To treat every person with dignity and respect
ē To value our cultural differences
ē To harness the strength of our diversity
ē To commit ourselves to the mission of equality for all
ē To be diligent in our efforts to listen, learn, and grow with one another
- 7 or more years of experience
- Associateís Degree or up to 3 years of college or technical school.
- Ability to adhere to a high level of confidentiality
- Positive and energetic attitude, committed to representing the Deanís Office in a professional manner
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and prioritization
- Willingness to make recommendations for process improvements
DepartmentAdministrative Support-Mendoza (34001)
Family / Sub-FamilyUniversity Operations / Administrative Operations
Career Stream/LevelNIC 3 Technician
Department Hiring Pay RangeUp to $28.85 / hour, commensurate with experience
FLSA StatusS3 - FT Non-exempt Hourly
Job Posting Date (Campus)05/16/2023
Job Posting Date (Public)05/16/2023
Job Closing Date05/30/2023
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/30690
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*