Assistant Professor of Education
The Education Department at Centenary University in New Jersey invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Education beginning Fall 2019.
Centenary University is a vibrant, growing and innovative independent, applied liberal arts University with a student body of over 2000, which includes students from 21 states and 13 foreign countries. Our main campus in Hackettstown, NJ is located in the heart of northwest New Jersey's historic Skylands Region, about 50 miles from New York City and about 25 miles from Pennsylvania.
Centenary is a private, co-educational and close-knit University community - an environment where every professor and staff member is invested in our students' success. We offer nationally accredited bachelor's, master's and doctorate degree programs, as well as professional certificate programs. With online, evening and accelerated courses, Centenary students have the flexibility to build their studies around their lives. Our diverse student body thrives in a demanding, yet collaborative learning environment. With a 17 to 1 student to faculty ratio, our professors know their students. They provide the individualized attention needed to ensure success - from academic support to career development, including internships with some of New Jersey's top employers.
Centenary also upholds a tradition of promoting service to others as a critical component of higher education - a core principle since our founding in 1867 by the Newark Conference of the United Methodist Church. We develop professionals that employers desire, and leaders that communities need. Centenary University has entered its 150th year of providing high quality liberal arts and professional studies while helping students gain the skills and connections they need to prosper in today's world.
Centenary University offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits for employees and an innovative, individualized curriculum for students. The University offers students strong academic programs designed to focus on specific learning outcomes to ensure that each student succeeds. Centenary has a strong commitment to interdisciplinary general studies that supports a high-quality liberal arts education and affordability in tuition and other student costs. This is a nine-month position and some courses may be offered at off campus locations. Faculty teaching load is 12 credits per semester. Additional duties include student advising and committee participation. Faculty compensation and related matters are handled through the Office of Academic Affairs.
· Teach and advise graduate and undergraduate courses per enrollment and assignment;
· Work on mandatory reporting for state authorities and national accreditation;
· Promote University programs and students within the local education community;
· Maintain Office hours per protocol;
· Serve on University Committees as required;
· Attend and actively participate in departmental meetings and functions;
· Field supervision for undergraduate and graduate students is require;.
· Knowledge of current best practices in the field is expected;
· Knowledge of local area school districts is preferred;
· Undergraduate and Graduate advising is required.
1. Earned doctorate in Education;
2. NJ Instructional certification;
3. Knowledge and application of assessments required.
1. Additional NJDOE Instructional, Educational services and administrative endorsements/certifications;
2. Knowledge of accreditation processes.
Procedure for Application:
Applications should include a cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, description of teaching experience and preferred teaching area(s), description of accreditation experience, current Curriculum Vitae and contact information for 3 references who can comment on the applicant's ability to fulfill the duties of such a position. Evaluation of applicants will continue until the position is filled.