This job has Expired
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Instruct nursing classes, conduct laboratory classes, and supervise and instruct clinical sessions in Registered Nursing and/or Practical Nursing programs.
- Conduct instruction in a wide variety of settings and time frames to include day, evening, and weekends on any of Gadsden State’s campuses. Some traveling may be required.
- Pediatric clinical requires orientation at Children’s Hospital and maintaining annual re-verification for clinical.
- Assist in the planning for instruction: prepare course materials, objectives, syllabi, and curriculum design.
- Participate in assessments at both the course and program levels.
- Organize and maintain instructional equipment as required.
- Assist students out of class in their quest to master information presented.
- Incorporate various teaching methods, including the use of technology-based instruction, critical thinking activities, and experiences in nursing courses.
- Serve on a variety of College, health-science division, and nursing education committees.
- Attend relevant conferences/workshops as requested.
- Comply with all policies of the Alabama Community College System and the College.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Note: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of positions given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments. Specific job-related duties assigned by hiring departments shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be construed as expanding a particular position’s role, scope, FLSA status, or grade.
- Master's degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution required
- Three (3) years’ full-time post-licensure clinical experience as a Registered Nurse required
- Current unencumbered Alabama Registered Nursing License required
- Obstetric, Pediatric, and/or Medical-Surgical Nursing required
- Clinical/classroom experience in nursing education
- BCLS certification, Instructor or ACLS certification
- Preparation for and commitment to college teaching
- Teaching experience in a college setting
- Competency in the use of current educational technologies
- Experience with internet courses
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the community college mission
- Experience with diverse populations
- Successful problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal effectively with students, other employees, and the public
Application Procedures/Additional Information
PROJECTED STARTING DATE:
Salary Schedule D-1 - $44,780 – $87,562 (9 months), based on education and experience.
Additional summer employment may be available.
April 20, 2023 – 4:00 P.M.
Only complete application packages will be given consideration for employment. Complete package consists of (a) Gadsden State Community College application, (b) letter of interest, (c) current resume, (d) copies of transcripts of postsecondary education; and (e) copies of current licensure.
Application materials must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.gadsdenstate.edu/about-us/employment.cms
IF AT ANY POINT YOU HAVE PROBLEMS COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION, CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT GADSDEN STATE (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE ELECTRONIC- It is recommended that you have digital (such as pdf) copies of your cover letter, resume, employment verification documents (if applicable), ALL required transcripts, and any other document identified in the vacancy announcement ready when you begin the on-line application process. You will be given the opportunity to upload these during the process.
• When you finish the steps to apply, you will receive an on-screen notice that you have successfully applied. HOWEVER, this notice does not mean your application materials are complete in accordance with the vacancy announcement.
All correspondence with applicants regarding the College's search process will be sent via e-mail. If you need technical assistance, such as resetting your password or browser access issues after reviewing the instructions, please contact:
NEOGOV Customer Service:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense.
Application materials are considered privileged and confidential and will be used for employment purposes only.
Gadsden State Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, including postsecondary institutions under the control of the Board of Trustees, that no person in Alabama shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, or other classification protected by Federal or State law, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. Gadsden State will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background investigation.
This employer participates in E-Verify.
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*