Associate Director - Medical Services (FT)
Job: Associate Director - Medical Services - Onsite
Requisition ID 8221
You can do the work you love, be your authentic self, and make an impact in the lives of thousands. We believe in a culture rooted in community, collaboration, and growth. As an agency, we are inspired by our Mission of bringing hope to life, especially for those most in need.
Catholic Charities is committed to the policy of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus. We are committed to maximizing the safety of our employees and clients by mandating the primary COVID-19 vaccination series as a condition of employment with Catholic Charities.
$110,000 - $140,000 a year
Discretionary sign-on bonus up to $25,000;
Discretionary quarterly bonuses of $2500;
Discretionary housing up to 6 months
Medical, dental, life, flexible spending, EAP, retirement & vol benefits including vision, ltd, life insurance, critical illness, injury accident & ID theft protection. 13 paid holidays, 12 days of vacation, and 8 sick days. Bereavement leave, education assistance program. Discretionary longevity award of 1.5% of annual salary starting after 5 years of service.
The Associate Director of Medical Services is responsible for the administrative, management, and day-to-day operations of Catholic Charity's medical and integrated healthcare programs located in Wenatchee, Yakima, and Richland. This position ensures that clients who are involved in behavioral health services receive psychiatric assessments, medication management, and other medical services. The Associate Director of Medical Services identifies pathways of care and addresses bidirectional clients' needs to ensure coordinated care using data to demonstrate cost-effectiveness and client satisfaction.
The Associate Director of Medical Services facilitates psychiatric evaluations and supervises prescription and medication management services for children and adult clients. This position develops, directs, and supervises integrated healthcare services and is responsible for establishing and monitoring healthcare, quality improvement, and efficiency targets and outcomes. The Associate Director of Medical Services assists team members regarding physical and integrated healthcare and works with key staff to achieve healthcare transformation.
- Facilitates and assists Provider psychiatric evaluations and medication management services to enrolled clients as part of Outpatient Services in an Integrated Health Care environment.
- Assist clients in need of psychotropic medications.
- Assist Prescriber, monitor and evaluate results of medications prescribed to clients.
- Assist with client education on the benefits and risks of all medications prescribed.
- Facilitate laboratory tests as indicated for appropriate medical and psychiatric care.
- Accurately document services provided in the approved electronic health record.
- Meets with fidelity and time requirements of the program.
- Provides consultation to facilitate the care of clients served in an Integrated Health Care environment.
- Assists Catholic Charities clinical team as needed.
- Coordinate and/or consult with primary care physicians for psychiatric or medical management of a consumer under Catholic Charities care for the transition of medical care.
- Assists providers with the development of treatment and discharge planning for clients served.
- Assist with the education and training of clinical staff regarding diagnoses, treatment planning use and abuse of medications, health maintenance, and related clinical issues.
- Supervises all Telemedicine staff and Providers regarding services offered at Catholic Charities.
- Provides and oversees Catholic Charities medical services in an integrated behavioral health and primary care environment.
- Assist psychiatric staff in providing assessment, prescribing, and medication management.
- Assists Providers regarding clinical psychiatric services and integrates behavioral health services with primary care.
- Supervise clinical/medical staff providing behavioral health services.
- Facilitate opportunities for consultation among Catholic Charities medical providers.
- Provide oversight and assist with day-to-day operations of medical services.
- Ensure all medical services are input into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) meeting integrated healthcare standards.
- Use the EMR to develop and implement a process for concurrent documentation for physical health and behavioral health providers to have access to each other's documentation.
- Reports to the North Central Director regarding the operations of the physical and integrated healthcare programs, benefits of client participation in integrated care, monitoring, and management are as necessary to assure optimal benefit to consumers.
- Disseminate information to the team regarding physical and integrated behavioral healthcare.
- Participate in administrative and clinical meetings developing and maintaining a coordinated consumer delivery system.
- Works with Healthcare Transformation Director on grants and other opportunities for funding physical and behavioral health integrated services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The following requirements are those that are normally required for the performance of this position. Any disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet one or more of the physical requirements, but who can perform the essential function of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
This position normally requires the physical demands of standing, walking, bending, lifting, or performing other work requiring low physical exertion, talking, and hearing on a regular basis to perform the job requirements. These physical demands are required up to 80% of the time. The position also requires the ability to drive with adequate vision.
In emergency situations, could be exposed to unpredictable and assaultive clients. Exposure to communicative disease/illness could occur. Travel will be required as well as occasional evening or weekend hours.
- Education: Bachelor in Science and Nursing (BSN), or Masters preferred.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years experience in psychiatric client care and/or administrative/medical management experience with supervisory responsibilities. Experience within an integrated behavioral and physical healthcare clinic is preferred.
- Conceptual and program development skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Demonstrated skills in psychiatric assessment, prescribing, and medication management.
- Excellent judgment, relationship-building, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide culturally relevant medical services.
- Ability to provide professional consultation with colleagues.
- Ability to document in an Electronic Medical Record.
Licensure, Registration, and Certification:
- RN license in Washington State.
- Valid Washington State Drivers License and agency minimum required liability insurance.
Employment is conditional upon being cleared by a criminal background check and fingerprinting when required.
About Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington:
Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington provides help and creates hope for thousands of people each year regardless of religious, social, or economic backgrounds. Though serving the outreach efforts of the Diocese of Yakima, Catholic Charities is a separate 501(c)3 charitable organization, funded in part by the State of Washington, federal contracts, the United Way, fees for service, grants, foundations, and charitable contributions. While rooted in a Catholic tradition that shapes its core mission of service to all, staff do not need to be Catholic to work for Catholic Charities. We serve all in the community, regardless of faith, race, gender, social class, or economic status. With office locations in Yakima, Wenatchee, Richland, Moses Lake, and Sunnyside, as well as our multi-family housing sites across Central Washington, we serve nearly 50,000 people annually. The agency remains a testimony to its ongoing mission of “Bringing Hope to Life.”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*