- Prepare and write grant proposals to foundations, corporations, federal and state sources.
- Possess skills in budgeting and forecasting and underwriting of large projects. Knowledgeable regarding urban development and strategic planning.
- Locate new funding sources.
- Cultivate relationships with local corporate donors-seeking sponsorships for agency events as well as larger donations that will provide ongoing operational support to City Mission.
- Work with agency staff to spearhead and organize community fundraisers.
- Report to the Executive director weekly
- Attend seminars, workshops, and/or conferences on issues pertinent to City Mission's development.
- Represent City Mission's interests to local and state government officials.
- Oversee the City Mission’s footprint on social media, provide website updates as needed to reflect ongoing events and changes at City Mission.
- Networking through community events, and social media platforms.
- Able to work independently.
- Strategic planning
- May require presentations to community groups, churches, organizations etc. both during and outside of normal business hours
- BA/BS in one of the following: English, Communications, Urban Planning/Development, Business Administration, or Marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication Skills
- Excellent knowledge of social medial platforms and updating company
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point)
- Public Speaking and Presentations
- Website Development
- 3-4 years of grant writing/fundraising experience for a non-profit agency dealing with housing low-income or homeless people.
- 1-2 years social media experience
- $18-$29 hourly depending on experience
- 24 hours per week.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $29.00 per hour
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Uniontown, PA 15401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Grant Writing and Fundraising: 3 years (Preferred)
- Social Media and Website Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*