This job has Expired
Postdoc Research Associate
Postdoc Research Associate
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
A position for a postdoctoral research associate of duration up to two years starting May 1, 2023 is available Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering under the guidance of Prof. R. Dennis Vigil. The candidate's research activity consists of developing a novel Taylor vortex fermentation reactor that incorporates simulataneous product extraction and separation. The candidate will work in a stimulating multidisciplinary environment that deeply values the open sharing of ideas and expertise to succeed in the research project.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
PhD in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- A focus on multiphase fluid flow, experimental fluid mechanics, and reactor development.
- A strong background in multiphase fluid dynamics.
- Must know the theory of multiphase flow modeling for bubbly flows and have experience constructing fluid flow cells and carrying out fluid flow experiments.
- Some experience with Particle Image Velocimetry (PIV) flow diagnostics.
- Experience developing novel fluid flow devices.
- Ability to write reports and prepare presentations to communicate research results and progress to the project stakeholders effectively and in independently.
- Ability to meet deadlines and a strong commitment to working in a multidisciplinary research group, openly sharing results, challenges, and difficulties with the team to ensure timely progress and, ultimately, the success of the project.
Proposed Start Date:
May 1, 2023
Proposed End Date or Length of Term:
May 1, 2025
Number of Months Employed Per Year:
12 Month Work Period
To apply for this position, please click on Apply and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following:
1) Resume/Curriculum Vitae
2) Letter of Application/Cover Letter
3) Contact Information for Three References
If you have questions regarding this application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-294-4800 or Toll Free: 1-877-477-7485.
Why Choose ISU?
Iowa State University is committed to fostering a workplace of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value. Our Iowa State Postdocs enjoy comprehensive health and work life benefits, including medical and dental; as well as:
Retirement benefits including defined benefit and defined contribution plans;
Generous vacation, holiday, and sick time and leave plans;
Onsite childcare (Ames, Iowa);
Flexible Spending Accounts;
Various voluntary benefits and discounts
Employee Assistance Program;
Original Posting Date:
March 23, 2023
Posting Close Date:
March 30, 2023
Job Requisition Number:
*Please mention you saw this ad on AcademicJobs.*